Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

Hopefully none of these people find themselves in a position where they need that drug:

A Florida Woman and 15 of Her Friends Have the Coronavirus After One Night Out.

"'The bar Crisp and her friends went to, Lynch’s Irish Pub, closed voluntarily last Friday for cleaning after learning one customer had tested positive. They also tested their employees, and seven workers tested positive as well.

'It literally spread like wildfire,' the bar’s general manager Keith Doherty, who is also a member of the Jacksonville Beach city council, told News4Jax. The bar reopened Tuesday morning, and Doherty said they plan to check customer and staff temperatures at the door. Other bars in the area closed Sunday after customers tested positive."

26 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Hopefully none of these people find themselves in a position where they need that drug:

"'The bar Crisp and her friends went to, Lynch’s Irish Pub, closed voluntarily last Friday for cleaning after learning one customer had tested positive. They also tested their employees, and seven workers tested positive as well.

'It literally spread like wildfire,' the bar’s general manager Keith Doherty, who is also a member of the Jacksonville Beach city council, told News4Jax. The bar reopened Tuesday morning, and Doherty said they plan to check customer and staff temperatures at the door. Other bars in the area closed Sunday after customers tested positive."

Where's my Bugs Bunny gif

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Where's my Bugs Bunny gif

Two weeks ago PA was solidly in 7th place in number of coronavirus cases. The rate at the time it looked like that would not change. Now Texas went from few thousand behind to 10k plus ahead. And Florida now only 1700 behind and should pass by end of next week or so. 😳🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Two weeks ago PA was solidly in 7th place in number of coronavirus cases. The rate at the time it looked like that would not change. Now Texas went from few thousand behind to 10k plus ahead. And Florida now only 1700 behind and should pass by end of next week or so. 😳🤯

Well, Texas and Florida are much more populous than PA, so that might have something to do with it.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Jacksonville should social distance.  It has the largest land area of any city in the contiguous U.S.

Edited by skevinp

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Well, Texas and Florida are much more populous than PA, so that might have something to do with it.

I’m thinking more that PA went from 1000+ cases a day to 400-500 a day currently. And FL/TX currently having record breaking number of cases a day in each state. 

Just now, skevinp said:

Jacksonville should social distance.  It has the largest land area of any U.S. city.  

Of any U.S. city in the lower 48.

Four cities in Alaska have more area.

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I have homes in the N East as well as Florida. Government is not being completely honest in Florida. Cherry Picking. Someone I know is a leading Infectious D. Dr. for several Hospitals. He said there is a huge spike in Fl. and they are all very concerned. Deaths at the moment are down ( great ) but cases up. He said it has little to do with testing but all do do with the open and how it was done. He also said many cases now are much younger 20-45 years old. 

The Gov. in Fl. said no matter what there will not be a shut down or roll back BUT several Mayor's said THEY will do what they need to and if this continues they will roll back. Just some info.

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I have homes in the N East as well as Florida. Government is not being completely honest in Florida. Cherry Picking. Someone I know is a leading Infectious D. Dr. for several Hospitals. He said there is a huge spike in Fl. and they are all very concerned. Deaths at the moment are down ( great ) but cases up. He said it has little to do with testing but all do do with the open and how it was done. He also said many cases now are much younger 20-45 years old. 

The Gov. in Fl. said no matter what there will not be a shut down or roll back BUT several Mayor's said THEY will do what they need to and if this continues they will roll back. Just some info.

Just read city in Alabama threw out a mask ordinance because it went against a persons “rights”. Funny... I can’t shoot a gun in my yard because someone might get hurt, I can’t burn stuff during a drought because someone’s property might be damaged. But tell people to wear a mask to protect people health... unconstitutional!!🤯

• Thanks 2