Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

59 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

On the other side my wife had health issues and was killed by the flu. It’s a crap shoot either way but I take precautions for anyone else with issues like my wife had. Dan calls your way common sense and I call my way caring about others.

Perspective changes depending on how anything like this hits you or your loved ones.

I care about others and I wear a mask where required. I don't wear a mask when I'm outside or in my car, and I don't wear gloves. Unless you disinfect the gloves constantly or replace with new ones, wearing gloves is just silly. That is what I consider common sense, but thanks for accusing me of not caring about others. This place is turning into the new RAMD!

8 minutes ago, dans said:

I care about others and I wear a mask where required. I don't wear a mask when I'm outside or in my car, and I don't wear gloves. Unless you disinfect the gloves constantly or replace with new ones, wearing gloves is just silly. That is what I consider common sense, but thanks for accusing me of not caring about others. This place is turning into the new RAMD!

Turn down the thin skin. Maybe if you would have taken the time to explain instead of “common sense... so refreshing” crap we could understand you better. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Turn down the thin skin. Maybe if you would have taken the time to explain instead of “common sense... so refreshing” crap we could understand you better. 

Thin skin = not accepting accusation of not caring about people...very interesting.

5 minutes ago, dans said:

Thin skin = not accepting accusation of not caring about people...very interesting.

Not even close, as I never said you didn’t care about people. This is my last response so feel free to respond with what ever. I’ve heard so many people (especially) in our state who say reopening full bore is common sense. By just posting “common sense.. so refreshing” it can be taken different ways, including reopen now no matter what. If I misread I will admit I misread, Will you admit that posting just four words could mislead people.

And I will trade your upset feelings over this for what i deal with...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Ditto.  Been active right since March shut downs.  Batting practice (small group), fitness center (when fewer people attend), etc.  Worn masks when required and softball games started a month ago.

Had sarcoidosis in the early 70's.   https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sarcoidosis   Took prednisone, which eventually had me in remission.  Yearly chest x-rays were negative, but their is some scar tissue.  But like many health issues and our overall health,  I believe our DNA is a big key.  PEI mother had to help. "Oh Canada,........"

Oh wow - sorry you went through that. 

My brother and a friend's husband have recently taken prednisone.  While it is often effective (and given for a multitude of ailments) it also has a wicked list of potential side effects.  The doctor and pharmacist of my brother strongly advised "do not just stop taking it" - you have to wean yourself off the medication by gradually taking lower and lower doses.  

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Death rate in PA nursing homes horrible too but no details why. Hopefully they will come out. Do know that 2 of 3 homes in my immediate area that are considered crap holes have horrible numbers. And one in a nearby city that has had a bad reputation for decades also has horrible numbers 

Nursing homes have been badly hit here in Montreal.  

The Quebec provincial government just hired 10,000 new orderlies to start improving the situation at local homes (they had 60,000+ applicants for these jobs just as they were posted).  People who have been hired are going through a 12 week training program before being assigned to a nursing home.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

On the other side my wife had health issues and was killed by the flu. It’s a crap shoot either way but I take precautions for anyone else with issues like my wife had. Dan calls your way common sense and I call my way caring about others.

Perspective changes depending on how anything like this hits you or your loved ones.

YUP. 

I’m not sure when “loving your neighbor” became a partisan thing, but for some reason it did. Wear a mask unless you have a condition that prevents you from doing so, it’s not difficult and good practice that is done on a daily basis in other countries around the world outside of a pandemic.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

What does that even mean?

Wearing a mask and social distancing has become a political issue for some. Regardless of what our leaders are doing or saying there are many screaming “my rights” in refusing to wear. And anyone who wears one is knuckling under to the “government”. “They want us to become sheep, blah blah”. “Taking away individual rights by forcing us to wear masks blah blah”

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dans said:

You know Dans, I see that in your reply. 

As for gloves, I have stopped wearing them because the stores I go to make me take them off to wash my hands.  Some say I am not to put my gloves back on while shopping in the store. 

I feel that washing your hands is key to not getting exposed.   I wash my hands many times now.  I'm also being quite novel at not touching my face when outside the home.   Yes, it itches - "conversation with self" can I live with this?   I always make it until the wash. 

When this all began,  had so many issues with twinges and itches telling me not to touch my face.  I"m much better now.