Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

13 minutes ago, Continental said:

You know Dans, I see that in your reply. 

As for gloves, I have stopped wearing them because the stores I go to make me take them off to wash my hands.  Some say I am not to put my gloves back on while shopping in the store. 

I feel that washing your hands is key to not getting exposed.   I wash my hands many times now.  I'm also being quite novel at not touching my face when outside the home.   Yes, it itches - "conversation with self" can I live with this?   I always make it until the wash. 

When this all began,  had so many issues with twinges and itches telling me not to touch my face.  I"m much better now.  

I don’t wear gloves either when out. And yeah got so conscious about touching my face I’m glad my bandana covers all below the eyes. But... still catch myself when I’m out and want to touch the eyes. Use the wipes when out and wash when home. 

Just to be clear my gripes are people not wearing masks (refusing to do so, not because of health issues) or wearing incorrectly (mouth AND nose people), especially employees. And that not social distancing thing even with masks.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

One more point Dans , we are all fedup.  Whatever you alignment is, this is a complete drag. 

We are in the beginning of a very long heat wave here in Montreal.   The mask is such a drag in the heat and humidity. 

I pull it down when I am walking on the street and no one is nearby.  I put it on when I am in a store.  I make sure that when I am on my daily extended walk, that when old ladies walk by me I am in the road to respect distance. 

We share a lot of inconvenience,

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wearing a mask and social distancing has become a political issue for some. Regardless of what our leaders are doing or saying there are many screaming “my rights” in refusing to wear. And anyone who wears one is knuckling under to the “government”. “They want us to become sheep, blah blah”. “Taking away individual rights by forcing us to wear masks blah blah”

How is that partisan?

31 minutes ago, Continental said:

You know Dans, I see that in your reply. 

As for gloves, I have stopped wearing them because the stores I go to make me take them off to wash my hands.  Some say I am not to put my gloves back on while shopping in the store. 

I feel that washing your hands is key to not getting exposed.   I wash my hands many times now.  I'm also being quite novel at not touching my face when outside the home.   Yes, it itches - "conversation with self" can I live with this?   I always make it until the wash. 

When this all began,  had so many issues with twinges and itches telling me not to touch my face.  I"m much better now.  

Funny how this pandemic has made many aware of how often they touch their face, my wife struggles with that one. We both wash our hands a lot! Strange times we live in. Thanks for the civil response.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dans said:

Funny how this pandemic has made many aware of how often they touch their face, my wife struggles with that one. We both wash our hands a lot! Strange times we live in. Thanks for the civil response.

We have a lot more in common than we realize.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dans said:

Studies show we touch our faces anywhere between 15-20 times an hour. That’s a lot! I think one good thing that will come out of this pandemic is that our society’s hygiene practices will be much improved and that can only be seen as a positive in the case of a future outbreak. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And speaking of dealing with stupidity in a funny way... well I laughed. Stopped by local govt building for a mulch pit access card.

Finally employee said “that’s right you don’t have to wear a mask.... and we don’t have to let you in either”.

Have to ask.

What is a "mulch pit access card" ?

As I posted,I have issues with wearing a mask.

That being said, I respect the right of any  business/property  owner to require me to wear one in his place of business or

on his property.

9 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Have to ask.

What is a "mulch pit access card" ?

As I posted,I have issues with wearing a mask.

That being said, I respect the right of any  business/property  owner to require me to wear one in his place of business or

on his property.

Lol nice way of saying yard ####....

Live in a borough of about 7500 and lower part of town has a place for people to dump branches, leaves (only have leaf pickup in fall), brush, etc, etc. The borough grinds it all up into mulch and you can take as much as you need for free. Too many out of towners dumping trash and taking mulch so camera was installed. That didnt work so now a crossing arm across the entrance. An access (key) card is needed to raise the arm. I stopped by to pick up the card. Residents are allowed to use the track around the borough football field. Same idea, need an access card to get inside the stadium

Glad you have no issues with other requiring masks. Yeah they are a PITA (pain in the ...) but needed PITA for now.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

30 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

"Vocally expressed displeasure over mask requirements" ,nope.

They just ignored the mask requirement and did what they wanted.

I’ve seen the vocal on SM posts and mainly the open up now protests at my state Capitol. When you live in the next town there is a lot of coverage there. For the protests main thing was “govt can’t tell me what to do with my business - my life(!), my right” and “govt can’t tell me to wear a mask either - my right”. Good bit of Don’t Tread on Me items so good portion of crowd didn’t want govt to tell them to do anything. I just kept thinking if govt said they couldn’t wear a mask the griping would be the other way. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari