Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’ve seen the vocal on SM posts and mainly the open up now protests at my state Capitol. When you live in the next town there is a lot of coverage there. For the protests main thing was “govt can’t tell me what to do with my business - my right” and “govt can’t tell me to wear a mask either - my right”. Good bit of Don’t Tread on Me items so good portion of crowd didn’t want govt to tell them to do anything. I just kept thinking if govt said they couldn’t wear a mask the griping would be the other way. 

My problem,at least when it comes to N.J., is the inconsistency on the part of our governor.

He allowed "essential" businesses to stay open,but never defined "essential".

He considered  stores like Home Depot and Target to be "essential" because they sold food.

No problem.

But they could sell anything in the store,while clothing and appliance stores had to be closed.

Barbers had to stay closed,even if they could follow the same safety protocols as other businesses.

Starting Monday you can go to a Massage Parlor.

But gyms have to stay closed.

He also refuses to say what "metrics' he follows in making his decisions.

13 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

My problem,at least when it comes to N.J., is the inconsistency on the part of our governor.

He allowed "essential" businesses to stay open,but never defined "essential".

He considered  stores like Home Depot and Target to be "essential" because they sold food.

No problem.

But they could sell anything in the store,while clothing and appliance stores had to be closed.

Barbers had to stay closed,even if they could follow the same safety protocols as other businesses.

Starting Monday you can go to a Massage Parlor.

But gyms have to stay closed.

He also refuses to say what "metrics' he follows in making his decisions.

Yeah Wolf in PA had the problem of declaring things and then having to give missing details later (what is essential is a good example). Now he’s being very careful and I’m not sure if he is being over careful. Of course we have the parties fighting each other and not sure how much either side wants to talk to the other. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah Wolf in PA had the problem of declaring things and then having to give missing details later (what is essential is a good example). Now he’s being very careful and I’m not sure if he is being over careful. Of course we have the parties fighting each other and not sure how much either side wants to talk to the other. 

We have a Democratic Governor,Assembly and Senate.

Even a normally sympathetic press is going after the governor's scatter brained approach to reopening.

Asbury Park,a Democratic stronghold voted to allow indoor dining.

He sued them and got a temporary restraining order.

This week Jersey City's Mayor,another staunch Democrat said the Governor needs to mover faster

on opening thing back up.

He said it needs to be done much faster.

Then again,Murphy refuses to release data on how/where PPE equipment was distributed.

Why ?

Because it could be used by terrorists.

2 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

We have a Democratic Governor,Assembly and Senate.

Even a normally sympathetic press is going after the governor's scatter brained approach to reopening.

Asbury Park,a Democratic stronghold voted to allow indoor dining.

He sued them and got a temporary restraining order.

This week Jersey City's Mayor,another staunch Democrat said the Governor needs to mover faster

on opening thing back up.

He said it needs to be done much faster.

Then again,Murphy refuses to release data on how/where PPE equipment was distributed.

Why ?

Because it could be used by terrorists.

Think scatter brained about says it. There was a math formula used to get counties from red to yellow. Had to do with number of cases per 100k population over two week period. After that everyone lost track of how to go to green. And really need more detail on what is/isn’t allowed during the green stage. Lot of confusion.... 

It’s gotten pretty hard to find encouragement in this thread. I guess I can say I am encouraged by the human ability to ignore facts, twist logic until down is up, and engage in breathtaking hypocrisy to politicize death while claiming to care about life.  But then, you know, I am a glass half full kind of guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It’s gotten pretty hard to find encouragement in this thread. I guess I can say I am encouraged by the human ability to ignore facts, twist logic until down is up, and engage in breathtaking hypocrisy to politicize death while claiming to care about life.  But then, you know, I am a glass half full kind of guy.

I'm encouraged by people being real about all the crap going on whether I believe it or not.

We are all facing crap.  It doesn't matter where we fall on any spectrum.   It's all crap. 

I’m encouraged by the expression of different viewpoints. And the sharing of info that might be new to some

I am encouraged by my recovery from a recent attempt at Yogic Flying. 

I plan to try again this week and sincerely hope that I don't lose control and end up on the highway like I did last time.

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

Sad but a wtf moment none the same.... last week PA was 7th in total cases and because of record increases in TX and FL now in 9th. Now a state representative wants to start impeachment hearings after state has cut the daily rate to less than half of what it was

Edited by JimF-LowBari

50 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sad but a wtf moment none the same.... last week PA was 7th in total cases and because of record increases in TX and FL now in 9th. Now a state representative wants to start impeachment hearings after state has cut the daily rate to less than half of what it was

Hopefully the death rate* in TX won’t get anywhere near as bad as the death rate* in PA, which is currently about 7 times as high.  

* deaths per population