Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

36 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t know the percentage, but there were 43,122 cases of COVID recorded today alone.

28 -33% get informed. 

Also in the last week alone there have been 4 new testing location open near me (within a 2 mile radius) what would you expect. 

That alone with the bars/clubs and demonstrations have caused this. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You really think we want to hype the numbers? I would love to hype 0 as a number. And do you think I am not serious about anything? I buried a family member. You have no clue how serious I am. 

i'm serious and have done the same and yet you feel the need to bring that up? How about the loss of a business and any income? You there yet? You made it personal and now no doubt will call for me to be banned. Sad , yet I was not even talking to you/

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

28 -33% get informed. 

Also in the last week alone there have been 4 new testing location open near me (within a 2 mile radius) what would you expect. 

That alone with the bars/clubs and demonstrations have caused this. 

He didn’t understand that’s what you were talking about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

i'm serious and have done the same and yet you feel the need to bring that up? How about the loss of a business and any income? You there yet? You made it personal and now no doubt will call for me to be banned. Sad , yet I was not even talking to you/ 

He misunderstood you.  Give him a break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

I will and apologize if over the top.

It was, and I accept your apology. It is clear we both have some raw nerves over how COVID has affected each of us. Perhaps it is best for both of us to take a step back. And I apologize for misunderstanding on my part.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It was, and I accept your apology. It is clear we both have some raw nerves over how COVID has affected each of us. Perhaps it is best for both of us to take a step back. And I apologize for misunderstanding on my part.

My apology is sincere and I don't think you have anything to apologize for. It is a sensitive subject obviously. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

The percentage of covid's is what? 

What point are you trying to make? Off hand I’d say too #### many...

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What point are you trying to make? Off hand I’d say too #### many...

If you read the posts he was talking about TMC and potential confusion about the way the ICU numbers were being presented.  Do we really need to go through this again?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, skevinp said:

If you read the posts he was talking about TMC and potential confusion about the way the ICU numbers were being presented.  Do we really need to go through this again?

I understand that. What I don’t understand is why the percentage is so important to him. He asked where the info came from and I provided a source. In return I get this snotty response... Number of ICU beds and percentages are one thing. Having enough trained ARD (acute respiratory distress) staff to handle the number of cases is huge IMO.

Let’s just say I take this personally too as have spent way too much time in an ICU with a pneumonia victim who didn’t make it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, E3D said:

the fact that the message board allows you to be a hack is not my problem, you suggest something in the numbers and yet the actual numbers are around 28% covid in the ICU. and the actual hospitalization for the area is not what you suggest. 

You just wanted to media hype the numbers. Its clear. and the message board will allow you to do so and probably ban me. You guys are not serious about anything. 

Are you OK?

Here's what I wrote on Thursday: "On the other hand, though, the largest hospital complex in the country (or maybe the world), the Texas Medical Center in the Houston area, maxed out its regular ICU capacity today. As its administrators predicted yesterday, they're now at 100%. They have been planning for this and have some surge capacity. Unfortunately, based on current trends in that area, TMC says they expect to run out of those additional ICU beds in less than two weeks."

And here's what KHOU reported on Tuesday:

"At the Texas Medical Center in Houston, 97 percent of ICU beds were occupied on Tuesday. Twenty-seven percent of those ICU patients have COVID-19.

The normal base occupancy rate at the world's largest medical center is 70 to 80 percent.

The hospitals have contingency plans to add additional ICU beds for temporary surges. But if the number of COVID cases continues at the current rate, the TWC could fill up all of those beds in the next two weeks."