HockeyDad

Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Let’s take proactive measures to help each other at least in the mental health area. If you’re bouncing off the walls, feeling panic creep in, or just need a sympathetic ear, post it here and let’s work to encourage each other. We WILL get through this but it will take time. If you want to start the blame posts go somewhere else. Love you all!

Members have been venting in other topic areas.  If mods allow this topic area it is needed and will be needed in the future.  Thanks for the foresight!  Your the "MAN" and this is the 5th Quarter!

Edited by DCVNVET
add text
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderators:  Will political post be allowed on this thread?  I'm not asking for me, but for the other active DCP members.  Wait... 😙😇😎😜

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm most concerned about the elderly.  That bothers me at night.  Our church is shut down for two weeks, so a lot of them won't get around. Getting visitors in person is a concern. Make sure you don't neglect to call your elderly relatives and check up on them... more often than normal if possible. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Let’s take proactive measures to help each other at least in the mental health area. If you’re bouncing off the walls, feeling panic creep in, or just need a sympathetic ear, post it here and let’s work to encourage each other. We WILL get through this but it will take time. If you want to start the blame posts go somewhere else. Love you all!

Thank you sir. You are a good person!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I'm most concerned about the elderly.  That bothers me at night.  Our church is shut down for two weeks, so a lot of them won't get around. Getting visitors in person is a concern. Make sure you don't neglect to call your elderly relatives and check up on them... more often than normal if possible. 

Having been there concerned of caretakers of at risk people. Not only caring for their own self and other(s) there is the worry of not bringing any virus to the people they are caring for. Bleep of a stress condition and very little that can be done about it. Hard enough taking care of others normally but now the worry you won’t hurt their health.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I'm most concerned about the elderly.  That bothers me at night.  Our church is shut down for two weeks, so a lot of them won't get around. Getting visitors in person is a concern. Make sure you don't neglect to call your elderly relatives and check up on them... more often than normal if possible. 

Thanks I'm "Elderly" and meet the OMG criteria!   I feel better already!!!!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I'm most concerned about the elderly.  That bothers me at night.  Our church is shut down for two weeks, so a lot of them won't get around. Getting visitors in person is a concern. Make sure you don't neglect to call your elderly relatives and check up on them... more often than normal if possible. 

As a director of music at my church, I am dealing with this first hand.  We still run a traditional service and over half of those attendees are over the age of 70.  That includes members of my choir.  Please check on them regularly and support in any way you can.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Moderators:  Will political post be allowed on this thread?  I'm not asking for me, but for the other active DCP members.  Wait... 😙😇😎😜

Mod hat...
 

Per the OP who started the thread, this is a thread for support and encouragement. That fits nicely within the guidelines. 

Please keep posts aligned with those goals.

 

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

As a director of music at my church, I am dealing with this first hand.  We still run a traditional service and over half of those attendees are over the age of 70.  That includes members of my choir.  Please check on them regularly and support in any way you can.

Our church live streamed mass yesterday (yay technology). There was no choir. And maybe 30 people in the pews. Worked great with one exception- no communion wafer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.