Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Not going to take the bait that you actually are saying I would do that in bold. I don't know you in real life brah. 

Hint: when a sentence starts with the word "if," it shouldn't be read as a literal prediction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

AS someone very involved in auditions and member communication ( all seasons of the activity ). MANY were and are far from comfortable with the whole situation. Parents who actually make decisions for their kids, ( younger corps, etc. ) put the brakes on and if there is a resurge will do it again.

You are quite right about housing, it is and will continue to be an issue.

Agree. I also think housing will be a huge issue moving forward next season. 

Also for this season, stadiums are not permitting people to attend, as seen by sports now starting back up.. By next season, who knows? Social distancing requirements in an outdoor stadium will remove a lot of potential paying customers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

AS someone very involved in auditions and member communication ( all seasons of the activity ). MANY were and are far from comfortable with the whole situation. Parents who actually make decisions for their kids, ( younger corps, etc. ) put the brakes on and if there is a resurge will do it again.

You are quite right about housing, it is and will continue to be an issue.

housing was getting to be more and more of a challenge before this, especially after April 2018. it's only going to get worse

21 hours ago, E3D said:

The man who was Murdered by the cops was positive for covid-19 right? By the logic presented in that type of counting, then his death is a covid-19 death. 

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Mr. Floyd had prevoiusly had and subseqently recovered from Covid-19. Because Covid-19 can have lasting effects on a person's lungs, it's certainly possible that that made it harder for him to breathe with someone's knee on his neck for nine minutes. But no, his death is no more being counted a Covd-19 death than anyone else for whom it's merely an incidental factor.

So technically, we all agree, then.

• Haha 1

Some really good news out of Missouri, where two hairstylists tested positive for Covid-19 after their store had reopened and they had done the hair of 140 customers and been in regular contact with six coworkers.

But all the stylists and all the customers wore masks during these interactions.

Of the 146 people who were exposed, 46 asked to be tested. The other 100 did not, but all 146 were quarantined for two weeks.

And fourteen days later, not one of the 46 people who were tested were positive, and none of the others developed symptoms.

So mask wearing seems very important to stopping the spread.

(This news may bode well for participants in the past ten days' protests, in which most people wore masks.)

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Some really good news out of Missouri, where two hairstylists tested positive for Covid-19 after their store had reopened and they had done the hair of 140 customers and been in regular contact with six coworkers.

But all the stylists and all the customers wore masks during these interactions.

Of the 146 people who were exposed, 46 asked to be tested. The other 100 did not, but all 146 were quarantined for two weeks.

And fourteen days later, not one of the 46 people who were tested were positive, and none of the others developed symptoms.

So mask wearing seems very important to stopping the spread.

(This news may bode well for participants in the past ten days' protests, in which most people wore masks.)

Unfortunately,this doesn't  prove the value of wearing a mask to stop the spread of Covid, one way or another.

The only way to know have effective masks are, would be to have a direct comparison of a similar number of people,in the same environment,not wearing masks.

Kind of like a control group being given a placebo. 

I live in N.J.

According to Gov. Cuomo ,so far, tests of protesters,a significant number of which weren't  wearing masks,did not show a  spike in positive tests.

Combine that with the WHO's original statement that it is "rare" for asymptomatic people to spread covid and it raises questions about the effectiveness of wearing a face covering.

There's no question,wearing one doesn't hurt,except around my ears,so I follow the rules and wear one,where I have to.

Its also interesting that,based on an article I read,the  WHO uses 1 meter for Social Distancing,the CDC roughly 2 meters.

Germany and Austria use 1.5 meters.

Covid seems to be a moving target,rules change constantly,back and forth.

I don't think we'll know what worked and what didn't til months or years from now.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

How's Gov. Murphy doing these days?

Simple answer,in my opinion: lousy !

The guy can't make up his mind on anything  concerning covid.

He  got photographed attending  2 Floyd rallies over the weekend.

Both violated  his Executive Orders for  maximum number of people and social distancing .

But it was O.K.for him.

There was an Editorial that said something to effect "not OK for me,but OK for thee".

Yesterday he reversed himself on the "stay at home" order he just extended last week and

is allowing much bigger gatherings.

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Unfortunately, this doesn't  prove the value of wearing a mask to stop the spread of Covid one way or another.

The only way to know have effective masks are would be to have a direct comparison of a similar number of people in the same environment not wearing masks.

Kind of like a control group being given a placebo.

You're right, but it's not ethical to run that sort of experiment --you can't deliberately expose a bunch of people to the virus-- so decision makers have to use the evidence they have.