Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

27 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Let me put on my biology prof hat -

Word of the day:  the technical term for an inanimate object that carries an infectious bacteria, fungus, or virus is termed a 'fomite'

Tomorrow's word of the day:  Snarge

So it is a concern?  I’m getting groceries delivered and this is an issue?  I guess I’ll just stop eating.  FML

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So it is a concern?  I’m getting groceries delivered and this is an issue?  I guess I’ll just stop eating.  FML

No - fomite is a generic term for something not alive that can  carry a pathogen.   Whether a grocery bag can serve as a fomite for Covid-19 is a separate issue 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So, I managed to get a good job offer- yay!- but, due to COVID-19, I won’t be able to start until the end of April/beginning of May. :wall: Still, you take your good with the bad and I’m definitely thankful. Now I just have to figure out the house closing and move. (And not getting sick, I hope.) 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Here, too.

Ode de ragwida. Killed me as a kid in Palatine (3 yrs.) was basically fields then.  Visited and played golf in Schaumberg 18 years ago still killed me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

Ode de ragwida. Killed me as a kid in Palatine (3 yrs.) was basically fields then.  Visited and played golf in Schaumberg 18 years ago still killed me.

It didn’t start bothering me as much until I moved right next to the Big Woods forest preserve.  Now, they’re terrible.  

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

So, I managed to get a good job offer- yay!- but, due to COVID-19, I won’t be able to start until the end of April/beginning of May. :wall: Still, you take your good with the bad and I’m definitely thankful. Now I just have to figure out the house closing and move. (And not getting sick, I hope.) 

Congratulations!  Btw, my dentist’s office did end up closing.  I’ll have to reschedule when it’s safe. 

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Congratulations!  Btw, my dentist’s office did end up closing.  I’ll have to reschedule when it’s safe. 

Thanks! That doesn’t surprise me. A lot of offices are staying open for emergencies only but those procedures still have the risk of exposure. No one can agree on what’s safe or what we should all do. Considering the fact that we’re in such a vulnerable position (regardless of screening processes in place or PPE), part of me is almost grateful I will have a break before starting again. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, year1buick said:

and closings are getting trickier.....have to be able to record the mortgage and deed and more and more courthouses are closing down