Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Can we please respect @HockeyDad ‘s wishes and keep this an encouragement only thread?

Sure!  Considering he was a primary reason for the other threads getting shut down simply so HIS thread will be the only one remaining open, AND making us be all nice and "encouraging" and all...

Nice plan, HockeyDad, and excellent execution.

(I TOTALLY kid.)

:sarcasm:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

And "Toby" is such a nice name, too!  I had a cat named Toby.  Tabby-Toby we'd call him.

This one is like Rip-Your-Face-Off-Cougar-With-Razor-Claws-Toby.

Watch your step, people.  DCP participants NEED their encouragement to keep posting.

I encourage all people to harass Toby ( not his real name). Somewhere on here is a picture of me having him in a headloack at Scranton years ago. Hey DC....errr Toby....got that anywhere you can post?

15 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Can we please respect @HockeyDad ‘s wishes and keep this an encouragement only thread?

i'm encouraged i haven't gone off on anyone yet

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm encouraged i haven't gone off on anyone yet

I can say that being quarantined for up to 14 days by Britts' doctor will definitely test both of our patience limits. Most drummers (percussionist) that I've known well share common personalities (re: dark senses of humor, quick with and a big mouth that overrides our brains.) We do after hit things with mallets....so going off on someone would seem pretty normal. Maybe that's why Britt wouldn't let me call her doctor yesterday to "explain my displeasure" to them.

39 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I used to love my job. I now absolutely F_______g HATE it. 

I used to love drum corps. I am now debating walking away for good. 

I used to love this website. I am now sick of all the bad news. 

It may be time to walk away from it all. 

Well, I never liked my job when my job was active duty navy. So, you are or were in the military a lot longer than I. Your pain threshold must be much higher. 

28 minutes ago, garfield said:

Sure!  Considering he was a primary reason for the other threads getting shut down simply so HIS thread will be the only one remaining open, AND making us be all nice and "encouraging" and all...

Nice plan, HockeyDad, and excellent execution.

(I TOTALLY kid.)

:sarcasm:

Crap. He’s on to me. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Crap. He’s on to me. 

id-have-gotten-away-with-it-too-if-it-we

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I can say that being quarantined for up to 14 days by Britts' doctor will definitely test both of our patience limits. Most drummers (percussionist) that I've known well share common personalities (re: dark senses of humor, quick with and a big mouth that overrides our brains.) We do after hit things with mallets....so going off on someone would seem pretty normal. Maybe that's why Britt wouldn't let me call her doctor yesterday to "explain my displeasure" to them.

It could be worse.  You could be watching Barbie movies all week like someone we know. 😉

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, garfield said:

And CAN starts with C, and that rhymes with P, and that stands for POOL!

The MUSIC MAN!

My favorite musical. And in high school, I got to play the bassoon part in the pit orchestra.

43 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Most drummers (percussionist) that I've known well share common personalities (hit things with mallets)

I've noticed that about drummers. They always have to be tapping on something. It can drive you nuts if you let it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1