Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re in shelter down starting tomorrow.  Is it ok to go for a drive?  Not going to get out of the car anywhere.   We were just going to get out of the house. 

This is our California law which was announced last night. The Gov. is trying to keep everyone indoors. The ironic thing is, not a thing has been done about the vast masses of homeless who are probably teeming with "unknown".

• Like 1

Have two local supermarkets with Sr hour first thing in morning. Went to one and mob of people at meat counter (only place there to get fresh meat). Just saw article of other place and pic of seniors at the doors waiting for it to open.

You got it: no social distancing in either case. Think I’ll go hour before the place closes and learn not to eat bread....

• Haha 2

Some of those senior, senior women can get downright belligerent, if you try to tell them anything. People are just plain crazy. I stopped long ago trying to go to Best Buy at Thanksgiving. They camp out 48 hours in front of stores in the rain for some TV that's on sale. I refuse to play that game.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

This is our California law which was announced last night. The Gov. is trying to keep everyone indoors. The ironic thing is, not a thing has been done about the vast masses of homeless who are probably teeming with "unknown".

That’s scary. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

NO WONDER we get along so well. What was your rate? 

O-3

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Have two local supermarkets with Sr hour first thing in morning. Went to one and mob of people at meat counter (only place there to get fresh meat). Just saw article of other place and pic of seniors at the doors waiting for it to open.

You got it: no social distancing in either case. Think I’ll go hour before the place closes and learn not to eat bread....

We finally got bread yesterday. Now, of course, we are under a 14 day quarantine until we get the test results back. If I start posting maniacal stuff that means I'm about to snap and one of you needs to smack me lol.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We finally got bread yesterday. Now, of course, we are under a 14 day quarantine until we get the test results back. If I start posting maniacal stuff that means I'm about to snap and one of you needs to smack me lol.

Hope you have someone to drop food off at your place, good luck to both of you. Told my sister she should open a drone delivery service as they can use their 20 acre field as an airport.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rich Cline said:

He's a little late about this announcement isn't he?  The "shelter down" mentioned for the Bay Area gave me a laugh since they have many people already sheltering down throughout the city.  150 million might be needed just to get the homeless off the streets.  Now he wants to address this issue.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

O-3

I was E-4 when I blew out my back, got chicken pox in the infirmary, spent 3 months in quarantine and 13 more months talking my way out of “spinal fusion” back surgery while the Navy tried to scare me into having it and, 9 months later getting a 20% medical discharge and thrown on the street.  I was in sub school. I wanted to be a sub driver. 

What’s an E4 worth on the street today?

EDIT: sorry, I hijacked.  Ignore please.  PM me if you care... 

Umm...I’m encouraged that I made the right decision because, otherwise, I’d be sailing and missed a bunch of great drum corps shows!

Edited by garfield