Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It could be worse.  You could be watching Barbie movies all week like someone we know. 😉

It was Tinkerbell movies today. I didn’t even know there were Tinkerbell movies.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

BTW, it was Tinkerbell movies today. I didn’t even know there were Tinkerbell movies.

This is my favorite.  https://playbill.com/article/join-playbill-march-20-for-a-movie-night-with-rodgers-hammersteins-cinderella-starring-lesley-ann-warren?fbclid=IwAR2wp_dfbbvcWUK0lTId8ziNz7AyZ4YX_dgZvsxd67qoUXla_OtHfEoewRI

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh stop the flashbacks! Was in pit orchestra in high school and we did this. Sat thru it so many times I can still hear parts of it. Guy playing Prince Charming looked the part but didn’t have the vocal range. “Do I love you because you’re wonderful” always came out as a creak on “ful” 😖

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It could be worse.  You could be watching Barbie movies all week like someone we know. 😉

You could also watch this bit of space opera that yours truly worked on, as Assistant Props. 🙂 (I also helped build the Tickle Tree.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

BTW, you know the difference between a Barbie movie and a Tinkerbell movie?

There is no difference. None at all.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh stop the flashbacks! Was in pit orchestra in high school and we did this. Sat thru it so many times I can still hear parts of it. Guy playing Prince Charming looked the part but didn’t have the vocal range. “Do I love you because you’re wonderful” always came out as a creak on “ful” 😖

I love it so much. I could watch it every day.  I’m going to the theater production next December.  I can hardly wait. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 8:27 AM, HockeyDad said:

Let’s take proactive measures to help each other at least in the mental health area. If you’re bouncing off the walls, feeling panic creep in, or just need a sympathetic ear, post it here and let’s work to encourage each other. We WILL get through this but it will take time. If you want to start the blame posts go somewhere else. Love you all!

I like Hockey Dad's intention for this thread. I have decided to use unexpected and unwanted free time I have to organize my books, files, and photos. I came across a book called  "A Little Bit of Healing" by Brian D'Arcy. I'd like to share a feel good piece I posted on my Facebook page which has nothing to do with drum corps but I hope you enjoy it anyway. 

I love the stories Fr. Brian D’Arcy used to share. Fr. D’Arcy was a popular priest in Ireland who died about a year ago. He was known for his writings which were featured in Irish newspapers. In one of his columns, he mentioned an email he received at Christmas. Many years back he had helped a woman with small children. Her abusive and alcoholic husband had left her, she had bills to pay, and Fr. D’Arcy decided to give her a helping hand. His generosity took place twenty five years earlier and since that time, she rebuilt her life and got a job with a newspaper. She also shared something else with him. One day she was walking and found a five pound note. She needed it desperately at the time. When she had the chance, she decided she was going to put aside fifty pounds per month and drop five pound notes randomly in the poorest sections of Dublin, praying that the person who finds it needs it and it will help them out of a jam. The woman said to Fr. Brian “You changed my life though you didn’t know it, and I hope my crazy way of scattering money will be a God send to those who find it.”

Right now, people are scared, not just about Covid-19 though that is more than a reasonable concern, but the unknown. We may have a chance to reach out, if not financially, but as a listening ear, a compassionate friend, or someone who can assist in other ways. Remember too when we help others, we may be changing their lives even though we do not know it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I like Hockey Dad's intention for this thread. I have decided to use unexpected and unwanted free time I have to organize my books, files, and photos. I came across a book called  "A Little Bit of Healing" by Brian D'Arcy. I'd like to share a feel good piece I posted on my Facebook page which has nothing to do with drum corps but I hope you enjoy it anyway. 

Right now, people are scared, not just about Covid-19 though that is more than a reasonable concern, but the unknown. We may have a chance to reach out, if not financially, but as a listening ear, a compassionate friend, or someone who can assist in other ways. Remember too when we help others, we may be changing their lives even though we do not know it.

Bravo!

• Like 2