Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

He really was the worst singer in a cast of bad singers (but Anne Hathaway killed it!)

They’re killing it in this concert.  Samantha Barks, who was Eponine in the movie, is in the concert.  She is great. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re killing it in this concert.  Samantha Barks, who was Eponine in the movie, is in the concert.  She is great. 

You’re right. Epinine, Cosette and Marius in the movie were great, too. But Russell Crowe? Woof! And sorry, Hugh Jackman was not a good choice.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m just glad that Russell Crowe isn’t singing Javert.   He stunk in the movie.

When I first saw this stage production years ago (PBS?), Norm Lewis stole the show for me, plus the huge chorus.   Enjoy.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Royal Albert Hall is an unbelievable venue.

Unfortunately the acoustics are not that great.   A round hall is not very good for acoustics.  Good enough, I guess for pop stuff, since the amplification can control some of the bad effects.  I saw/heard La Boheme there and was not impressed by the sound.  Stage was set up in the centre of the hall and the singers walked all around.  They were miked, so it was disconcerting to see them move, but the voice not follow them!  Humm, sound familiar?🤨

16 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Kinky Boots is on Broadway HD, too. 

Well, because of you guys, just signed up for BroadwayHD.  Started watching Phantom's 25th at Royal Albert Hall last night & couldn't stop.  Amazing cast that I thought maybe better than the original?  Up next, Les Mis 25th & a couple of Cats selections.  I love to sing along with my headphones.  Wife gives me the look; I told her if COVID takes me out, she's going to miss my singing.  :whistle:  

Edited by keystone3ply
Correction
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This one came up with no charge.    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77tw5q

Cool. Time to give the new internet connected bigger screen a test run. Wicked looks good to me as never saw but heard co-worker humm it for weeks after she saw it