Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

My health care hospital in Michigan, the largest in Michigan, is approaching capacity for ICU patients. My wife has a compromised immune system. Prayers are welcome.  

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

Dude, don’t think of her right now.  How would you like it if someone thought of you with a giant qtip up your nose?

i am thinking of after not during

4 hours ago, garfield said:

$6,000,000,000,000

SIX TRILLION DOLLARS

Financial support for every class below $90,000 AGI, municipalities, individual businesses, homeowners, renters, salaried employees, tip employees, on and on and on.

Massive purchase programs in PPP with individual health agencies (hospital groups), mobilizing industries dormant for decades and changing existing manufacturing to meet sudden demand.  On and on and on.

Dozens of programs covering four, major components of the economy, and not a single "shovel ready job" in sight.  Direct infusions to communities, healthcare institutions, and the citizen's pockets.

Plus six feet of separation and concentration in major urban areas where it can be contained if those in the affected area stay put.

Want to know what makes the inputs of the estimates so important to the calculation?  Well, there's all that.

I love my Paisans in Italy, but they didn't have or do anything like this.

'Merica

Oh, and Dr. Fauci is back.  We're safe.

#PassTheDamnBill

i ty to avoid the direct medical discussions on here...too many experts without medical degrees bloviating their preferred political talking points couched as medical thoughts.

however a family member in eastern PA, not prone to panic in any shape or form, and despises drama is rattled. per a meeting she attended today, the peak in PA is at a minimum 2-4 weeks away, and the healthcare system is not prepared. states and municipalities fighting the federal government for supplies because there's no unified coordination to tackle this. it's whoever can get stuff first, and often fighting other countries in the supply chain. as more tests finally become available, more cases will be documented.

long and short....it's gonna get worse, and the country is dicking around

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

My health care hospital in Michigan, the largest in Michigan, is approaching capacity for ICU patients. My wife has a compromised immune system. Prayers are welcome.  

you have them

• Thanks 1

For those with young ones, this may help get through part of these two days. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting
Certifikid to CertifiKID BaltimoreLike Page
12 hrs · 
Grab your little ones and tune into our Facebook page this Thursday AND Friday (3/26 & 27) at 10 a.m. for special guest appearances by children's book authors Mindy Winebrenner and Rebecca Eisenberg! They will treat your kiddos to a live read aloud of their books "The Monkey Balloon" and "A Tale of The Monkey Balloon."
Check out their website here: www.themonkeyballoon.com

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Those of us who take ACE inhibitors to control blood pressure appear to be at a 75% risk, too. It’s why I have self-quarantined.  I take 40 mg of lisinopril a day. 

OK I admit to being a dumb butt.  What does a 75% risk mean?

I’ve spent the past few hours reading through the 256 pages of the “Emergency Virus Relief Agreement” posted online. The plan I expect to be passed soon after Noon today.

Quick Personal Opinion :

The items/changes included will be VERY helpful to citizens and business. I found NO inclusion of what I would consider “Junk having nothing to do with defeating the virus and improving conditions brought on by this situation” The full document might not have been posted yet, however.

Now, like everything government and lawyers touch, there are bound to be loopholes in there to be exploited !

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And neighbors must hate me tonight but... hey social distancing.

Decided to play parts of the Concert for NYC (9/11) as dvd for the evening. Figure great time to remember coming back from the unknown. And got to check out the new TVs speakers with The WHO (not W.H.O. Lol)

If that's the one from madison Square Garden, I loved it so much I purchased the DVD & CD.  Favorite set is John Cougar, Billy Joel, & specifically, James Taylor's Up on the Roof.  Incredible night of healing!   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

OK I admit to being a dumb butt.  What does a 75% risk mean?

from the China experience 75% of those who died had preexisting conditions