Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

My health care hospital in Michigan, the largest in Michigan, is approaching capacity for ICU patients. My wife has a compromised immune system. Prayers are welcome.  

Done !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Those of us who take ACE inhibitors to control blood pressure appear to be at a 75% risk, too. It’s why I have self-quarantined.  I take 40 mg of lisinopril a day. 

My wife told me this last night as she takes BP meds & meds for her sugar level.  I told her I'll be making grocery runs.  The AJC just reported yesterday that 2 health care workers in the ATL area passed away at ages 42 & 48.  One was an X-ray tech with limited exposure.  This thing just spreads like wildfire.      

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

My wife told me this last night as she takes BP meds & meds for her sugar level.  I told her I'll be making grocery runs.  The AJC just reported yesterday that 2 health care workers in the ATL area passed away at ages 42 & 48.  One was an X-ray tech with limited exposure.  This thing just spreads like wildfire.      

Can you switch to home delivery of groceries?  Instacart and Shipt are two examples of apps you can use. Perhaps if you live out in the boonies this isn’t an option for you. But I encourage you to check it out. 

10 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

‘Merica, really? “America” would have reacted to this a lot earlier. “Merica” is just a lazy version of what we stand for. Flame on!

How about a fist bump instead of a punch in the face?  My 'Merica and your America are the same thing.

I scroll to the top and I see this is still the Encouragement thread - thanks for the encouragement.

Yea, I'm lazy.  Got it.  Thanks for that.

'Merica

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

'Merica

When I use this I always think of Johnny Carson “Floyd R Turbo ‘Merican”.

Johnnys character even threw one at Three Mile Island locals (I am one). “What do they want, lead lined Pampers”.  ‘Merican sense of humor even if you don’t appreciate all the jokes.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Keep your blame game comments to different threads please. There are plenty of them. 

15 minutes ago, garfield said:

You can't just blow past this important proviso to your understanding, but I agree with HockeyDad that those discussions have been beaten to death and closed in the other thread.

Time to start focusing more and more on the positives and concentrating on those in the highest risk categories.

Just make sure that you take your family to Easter services on April 12th.  Send me your addresses & I'll send y'all some Dapper Dan Hair Gel. 😂😷  
FYI: I attend church regularly & serve as a musician.  But right now we're quarantined from church & school.  I'll be listening to the medical experts as to when I return.

It's really serious now; check this out:
https://www.wate.com/news/waffle-house-closes-365-restaurants-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WATE_6_On_Your_Side&fbclid=IwAR0MxtGHKugy_G5fadwxR0J1mwUrawC23dUXNkFeVLhirXQopl9fToWaykA  

Edited by keystone3ply
addition

22 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Can you switch to home delivery of groceries?  Instacart and Shipt are two examples of apps you can use. Perhaps if you live out in the boonies this isn’t an option for you. But I encourage you to check it out. 

Negative; we barely have pizza delivery.  Not the boonies, but close.    

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

You can't just blow past this important proviso to your understanding, but I agree with HockeyDad that those discussions have been beaten to death and closed in the other thread.

Time to start focusing more and more on the positives and concentrating on those in the highest risk categories.

The medical experts look at countries as a whole.  That was my personal caveat. 

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Just make sure that you take your family to Easter services on April 12th.  Send me your addresses & I'll send y'all some Dapper Dan Hair Gel. 😂😷  
FYI: I attend church regularly & serve as a musician.  But right now we're quarantined from church & school.  I'll be listening to the medical experts as to when I return.   

No, but we may get together as a family, hold hands, cherish none of us are sick, and thank God that we "Mericans are a tough lot.

You probably can't imagine what my hair looks like now that I can't get it cut.  Dapper Dan Gel is more appropriate and needed than you know.

You attend church and your penance is to serve as a musician.  You either did something REALLY bad or you're a lousy musician forced to listen to yourself and get better.

Either way, you have my encouragement.

:innocent: