Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

And as I posted the phone rang from Hershey Medical Center (part of Penn State Medical). Have an appointment scheduled in April for hearing aid info. This will now be done over the phone.... thank goodness my right ear is Ok but going to make note taking a beotch as I hate speaker phone on the cell. 

Also my church is now webcasting Sunday service and has link to last weeks service. Just weird seeing a service with only a pianist (pre service music) and the ministers. All keeping social distance 

hate to think what the Bichon (avatar pic) is gonna look like when she misses her grooming for a while.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Just make sure that you take your family to Easter services on April 12th.  Send me your addresses & I'll send y'all some Dapper Dan Hair Gel. 😂😷  
FYI: I attend church regularly & serve as a musician.  But right now we're quarantined from church & school.  I'll be listening to the medical experts as to when I return.

It's really serious now; check this out:
https://www.wate.com/news/waffle-house-closes-365-restaurants-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WATE_6_On_Your_Side&fbclid=IwAR0MxtGHKugy_G5fadwxR0J1mwUrawC23dUXNkFeVLhirXQopl9fToWaykA  

Do you understand the notion of an ENCOURAGEMENT thread?

EDIT: And, also THANKING GOD, we don't hold Easter dinner at Waffle House.  (And to be clear, we eat breakfast at WH regularly and prefer it over our local diner.)

Edited by garfield

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And as I posted the phone rang from Hershey Medical Center (part of Penn State Medical). Have an appointment scheduled in April for hearing aid info. This will now be done over the phone.... thank goodness my right ear is Ok but going to make note taking a beotch as I hate speaker phone on the cell. 

Also my church is now webcasting Sunday service and has link to to weeks service. Just weird seeing a service with only a pianist (pre service music) and the ministers. All keeping social distance 

hate to think what the Bichon (avatar pic) is gonna look like when she misses her grooming for a while.

WHAT??

:ohmy:

(Disclosure: I wear two aides and I hate when people do that.)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, but we may get together as a family, hold hands, cherish none of us are sick, and thank God that we "Mericans are a tough lot.

You probably can't imagine what my hair looks like now that I can't get it cut.  Dapper Dan Gel is more appropriate and needed than you know.

You attend church and your penance is to serve as a musician.  You either did something REALLY bad or you're a lousy musician forced to listen to yourself and get better.

Either way, you have my encouragement.

:innocent:

"You funny man."  I've been playing in church in some form or another since I was 10 years old.  I've been told that I'm pretty good at my craft.  But I also know who gave me my talent.  I chose not to rely on idealism.  Instead, I prefer the motto "Prepare for the Worst; Pray for the Best."  

Thank you for your encouragement.  Here's a little video for my offering:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

"You funny man."  I've been playing in church in some form or another since I was 10 years old.  I've been told that I'm pretty good at my craft.  But I also know who gave me my talent.  I chose not to rely on idealism.  Instead, I prefer the motto "Prepare for the Worst; Pray for the Best."  

Thank you for your encouragement.  Here's a little video for my offering:

OMG, so beautiful.

Tears.  Thanks for that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

OMG, so beautiful.

Tears.  Thanks for that.

You're welcome.  Ii's even better with great headphones. I'm a ballad guy when it comes to drum corps.  I adore the Crown & Bluecoat ballads, but this one had me in tears at finals.  

I'll try to do better as far as encouragement.  I forgot what thread I was on as there are so many discussing the same thing.  But I'm really bummed about this summer's tour.  I go to all of the big weekends except TX as I play in a vintage R&B horn band thru the summer.  We have a huge festival the week of San Antonio but the other summer dates work for me.      

Edited by keystone3ply
addition

10 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

You may or may not know this, but the point of the Waffle House article is this:

The Waffle House Index is an informal metric used by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to determine the effect of a storm and the likely scale of assistance required for disaster recovery.

FEMA uses this index (a real thing) for natural disasters for hurricanes, tornadoes. etc.  I didn't believe it at first until I researched it.  Our local WH was doing carry out orders but corporate just closed all locations.  😢😷  

I’ve seen this referenced as a joke some places but it is used. My understanding is when some places are hit hard by natural disaster WH might be only place where they can get meals. Joke is something like WH only closes if hurricane passes directly overhead. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Along with everyone else since most barbers/hair salons are closed.

Maybe its time for some to pull out the 'ole Flowbee from that corner in the basement.

RickH.jpg

• Haha 7

57 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

You may or may not know this, but the point of the Waffle House article is this:

The Waffle House Index is an informal metric used by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to determine the effect of a storm and the likely scale of assistance required for disaster recovery.

FEMA uses this index (a real thing) for natural disasters for hurricanes, tornadoes. etc.  I didn't believe it at first until I researched it.  Our local WH was doing carry out orders but corporate just closed all locations.  😢😷  

This is absolutely a very real index, used like pawn shops, sin stocks, and hemlines to determine the severity of whatever is happening.

BUT, Waffle house is a contra-indicator.  Like the article says, they close when the storm is directly overhead and it's about to pass.  You'll know it's past when WH reopens.

I know many will disbelieve it, but WH closing is actually VERY GOOD NEWS!!

(except if you want breakfast, of course)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Continental said:

Along with everyone else since most barbers/hair salons are closed.

Maybe its time for some to pull out the 'ole Flowbee from that corner in the basement.

RickH.jpg

Only if it has an attachment that looks like this:

400_31568.jpg

• Haha 1