Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

As of 2pm PA closing restaurants and non-essential businesses at midnight for two weeks. Just called for my last to go order at my local diner and they’re ahead of the game. Owner answered saying they sent everyone home and locking the doors now. Know people who never make their own dinners so can’t imagine how that affects them

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

We’re supposed to close on our house next month. (We just did the walk thru with the builder this morning.) I’m trying to finalize my job situation in the next week or so— still not knowing if it’s safe to do my job. Or if potential employers are going to be open in two weeks. But we have to be out of our current house mid May. I’m about to lose my ####### mind right now.

oh yeah anyone buying i pray for

And so, the situation has worsened since my earlier posts just 2 hours ago. Hoping that all take whatever precautions you can and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

Obviously a longer drive from Brunswick to Jekyll than St Simons or Sea Island, but a heck of a lot less touristy and a place to clear your head.  Had a Attorney friend who leased a place out there and we had several fish fry's at his digs.  Ask Jim if he ever went to the "Wanderer"  loved the "Beach Music" there by groups (actually had Brass) from Myrtle Beach, SC.   Still can't get one talk through rendition of Mr. Bo Jangles out of my mind. (lol) 

I absolutely adore St Simons. One of my ex-wives and I almost bought a house in Fox Run in Brunswick. Bennies Red Barn....nommmmmmm. 

On a different note, they still haven't sent the state employees to work from home as of yet. Britt works for DHS and they're waiting on VPN tokens to be created which usually takes months.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wish it was warmer here.  It would be much more tolerable if I could get out and walk.  But, it’s 39 degrees and it snowed this morning.  

Here in SF area it's 54 degrees with scattered showers. Your weather reminds me of when I lived in Upstate NY. Winters got down to -17 degrees wind chill but I still went out in T-shirt at times. People thought I was nut's. But that kind of cold is a "Dry" cold as compared to here in SF where 50 degrees "Wet" cold feels like being in snow

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Here in SF area it's 54 degrees with scattered showers. Your weather reminds me of when I lived in Upstate NY. Winters got down to -17 degrees wind chill but I still went out in T-shirt at times. People thought I was nut's. But that kind of cold is a "Dry" cold as compared to here in SF where 50 degrees "Wet" cold feels like being in snow

I walk the treadmill until it gets to 55 degrees and sunny.  I’m a freeze cat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I absolutely adore St Simons. One of my ex-wives and I almost bought a house in Fox Run in Brunswick. Bennies Red Barn....nommmmmmm. 

On a different note, they still haven't sent the state employees to work from home as of yet. Britt works for DHS and they're waiting on VPN tokens to be created which usually takes months.

Shooting blanks on Fox Run, however my time ended there 1986.  On St. Simons back in the day it was Blanche's Courtyard which I understand is no more.  Some people liked the dive on the St. Simons side of the bridge. The place with the roaches in the light fixtures the locals called them Palmetto bugs!I   Also once a year ours staff would get together at the Cloister on Sea Island.  Played in two golf tournament's at the Island Club.  My youngest daughter graduated from Brevard in NC  with a degree in music performance.  She is a member of the Cast (bari , tenor, alto sax, flute, aux percussion, sings, etc.) at the Savannah Theater (billed as the oldest continuously active performing theater in the country).  She  has been there 14 years and performed in over 4000 assorted shows.  She also is the Accounts Manager and Artist Liaison for Jody Jazz (mouth pieces) based in Savannah.  The Southern folks had bumper stickers  That said 'Thank G-- for Sand Gnat's they Eat Yankees".   The  Law Enforcement Center sold ones that said "The Happiest Sight in the World is Glynn,  Co. GA in your Rear View Mirror"   Island Trivia.   Yikes the Gnats first then the Deer Flies!

Honestly,  I  know I cannot get too far ahead of myself. but I am just hoping that DCI is not cancelled for the summer.  It is really a bright time of the year for me,  By far and away, it is probably where I spend a good amount of time and money (if I have it). I know I am in good company posting this here.  I know its best to deal with the here and now, and hope for the best.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wish it was warmer here.  It would be much more tolerable if I could get out and walk.  But, it’s 39 degrees and it snowed this morning.  

In my 55+ development our clubhouse closed. No indoor pool, no gym, no exercise classes, not to mention other ongoing activities and trips. All we can do is walk around the neighborhood. This morning 14 of us did a 2.5 mile walk. The other day we did two walks, one morning and one afternoon, totaling about 5.5 miles. This morning it was 43 when we did that walk.  

• Like 3