Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

47 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I get them constantly even now. Though probably down from 5+ per day to 2 a day. 

Retired March 1 and got about 6 a day for first two weeks. Now about 2-3 not including local congressman telling me about his “town halls” regarding coronavirus.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Retired March 1 and got about 6 a day for first two weeks. Now about 2-3 not including local congressman telling me about his “town halls” regarding coronavirus.

A certain election campaign texts Britt at least 2 to 3 times a day asking for $2.70. She's finally started asking them to stop texting lol. I get at least 3 to 5 calls a week asking if I want to go teach English in Asia or some such. 

15 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

A certain election campaign texts Britt at least 2 to 3 times a day asking for $2.70. She's finally started asking them to stop texting lol. I get at least 3 to 5 calls a week asking if I want to go teach English in Asia or some such. 

We pick up the phone and don’t say anything.  About 18 seconds later, we get the busy signal and hang up.  This saves us from possibly having a message left on the answering machine.  When anyone says “Hi, I’m “ we hang up before the name is given.

• Like 1

Speaking of outbreaks - COVID-19 is nothing compared to ROBOCALLER-18.

The do-not-call registry helps some.  If you want relative peace, you have to turn off the ringers on your phones and let all calls go to voice mail/answering machine.

Screening calls with a long pickup delay is also helpful.  Many robocalls give up at four rings, while legitimate callers wait seven.  Try setting your answering machine to pick up after five or six rings.

The biggest positive Intake from this period, it’s ability to become a learning experience. That’s encouraging!

Within the topic of digital intrusions into our homes, we MUST understand ‘sinister’ use of technology. Much of what comes unwanted to your device is deceitful.

I have learned it’s now possible to have your OWN NAME show-up as the person calling. It is possible to get an email indicating YOUR NAME as the original sender!

So . . . Let it be known, I didn’t send you that link to Asian women wanting to marry. I didn’t send you a message in support of more electronics in drum corps.

Geez, maybe it’s time to accept the possibility . .. . It ain’t even me sending this post !

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I have learned it’s now possible to have your OWN NAME show-up as the person calling. It is possible to get an email indicating YOUR NAME as the original sender!

————————-/-

having problems below is my response 

Haven’t had those for a while. Thought it was my dad and as I picked up the phone realized it was my phone number. I loved the ones with a local prefix if someone was on the other end. If ask what number they are  calling from and they’d say my number. Then I’d say Nooooo what’s your number. I’d get “well it’s from my server”. I’d ask if they spoofed a number to get me to answer why should I believe their sales pitch. Oh what fun...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

If you’re working from home, have your WiFi locked down.  We have always had it protected because Jim works from home but I have seen cars phishing in my neighborhood. 

I laughed at Jim in January when two Vogmasks were delivered to our house.  He bought them right after the first case was diagnosed in Washington state. I’m not laughing so much now. 😳

• Thanks 4

I was feeling a little angry today and wanting to give a big F U to the C virus. So I blasted ‘96 PR. It was just what my defiant heart needed. If you need a little pick me up today, go feel the power of that show. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I was feeling a little angry today and wanting to give a big F U to the C virus. So I blasted ‘96 PR. It was just what my defiant heart needed. If you need a little pick me up today, go feel the power of that show. 

Yeah I'm gonna start working on another cue I think. I gotta take my mind off things. I've been saving some black and white ebony and some luthier grade curly maple. When times are tough, I've always got my shop.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

If you’re working from home, have your WiFi locked down.  We have always had it protected because Jim works from home but I have seen cars phishing in my neighborhood. 

I laughed at Jim in January when two Vogmasks were delivered to our house.  He bought them right after the first case was diagnosed in Washington state. I’m not laughing so much now. 😳

Used a work virtual network when doing telework. Always tell when weather was bad and people were home as got dicey at times. No idea what it is like now. 

When dad passed I took possession of his old “snot rags”. Yeah blue collar family and didn’t bother with less than totally descriptive or pretty words. 19 inches square and when folded in a triangle can be tied in back and cover everything below the eyes. Plus tuck in bottom under shirt neck. Ugly as sin but not taking up medical resources. Hey weaklefthander think they came from Ollie’s.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2