Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Waiting for Maundy Thursday (which I never attended before lol) service to be live streamed from my church. When I got the larger internet ready tv few months back I NEVER thought it would be used for this. Lesson in never assuming anything.... 

Edit: great start to sermon (from newest minister) “the last few weeks is something filed under “things they don’t teach you in seminary””. 

Liz was great.

better yet, an 800 member church had 3 pastors, a lector, the organist, a soloist and the very few tech people run a multicam live stream, with no freezes, no volume issues, and no herky jerky camera work.....and Flomarching can't do that

• Haha 1

i've encouraged my wife to use her well practiced shopping skills to find hair cutting devices

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I encourage people to maintain social distance; so does the Ohio Dept. of Health with this cute little PSA:

The behind-the-scenes video is pretty cool:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I encourage people to maintain social distance; so does the Ohio Dept. of Health with this cute little PSA:

In order to discourage hoarding, our local stores no longer allow bulk purchasing of such items.  Since then, we have had no reports of ping-pong ball/mousetrap outbreaks.  Crisis averted!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

better yet, an 800 member church had 3 pastors, a lector, the organist, a soloist and the very few tech people run a multicam live stream, with no freezes, no volume issues, and no herky jerky camera work.....and Flomarching can't do that

Get that webcasting team in touch with DCI (and BOA... and WGI... ).

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i've encouraged my wife to use her well practiced shopping skills to find hair cutting devices

Dog clippers work very well.  A #2 attachment works great for me. 🐕

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Dog clippers work very well.  A #2 attachment works great for me. 🐕

Funny thing is I was able to get the dog groomed this week. Don’t know the legal details but guess essential for dogs health to get nails clipped and keep from matting. But appears not allowed to enter the business (social distancing?) so groomer comes out and gets dog from the car. And since credit card machine is inside it’s cash only. So pull up with the car, put on my bank robber bandana/face mask and open passenger side window so groomer can grab the dog. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So pull up with the car, put on my bank robber bandana/face mask and open passenger side window so groomer can grab the dog. 

Pity the folks who have large dogs and no rear door on an SUV.  Might have to open a front door.

• Haha 1