Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Fourteen days ago, I mentioned my step-father of 26 years, contracted the virus. Today, Easter Sunday, he passed. He was a Korean War vet, retired GM engineer and all around good guy.

My mother has dementia in an assisted living facility, but has tested negative. She will have a hard time understanding.

oh so sorry

• Thanks 1

my beloved bride snagged clippers and as of today i am no longer half wookie. with the weather decent, to the back patio we went.

7 hours ago, skevinp said:

Are you what she snagged then on?

no blood that i noticed

Well my good news of the day is will be seeing my sister for the first time since this started. Not sure if will be seeing thru the glass of the front door (like Mel Brooks and his son in the social distancing PSA) or with masks. Reason for visit is she was at a big box store when a pallet of toilet paper showed up. (Now there is an essential trip) Clerk said it would last about an hour until the pallet is empty. 

Some off brand that is marked “extra wide”. Extra wide TP for extra wide....? 😜 (OK your bad joke for the day to try to get a smile)

Around here TP shortage is now not that people are hoarding but stores not getting shipments wth?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Around here TP shortage is now not that people are hoarding but stores not getting shipments wth?

I read that the latest products being hoarded were hair clippers and hair color.  

The perfect opportunity for spray-on hair to make a comeback.  

As for TP,  I noticed this past week that a new size of TP was being put on shelves.  A package of 4 rolls that are almost comically small for a very high price.  I've never seen rolls that small - not just in diameter, but the width. 

When this calms down toilet paper will be the new bitcoin....lol.

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well my good news of the day is will be seeing my sister for the first time since this started. Not sure if will be seeing thru the glass of the front door (like Mel Brooks and his son in the social distancing PSA) or with masks. Reason for visit is she was at a big box store when a pallet of toilet paper showed up. (Now there is an essential trip) Clerk said it would last about an hour until the pallet is empty. 

Some off brand that is marked “extra wide”. Extra wide TP for extra wide....? 😜 (OK your bad joke for the day to try to get a smile)

Our local paper did an article about this.

According to article,absent hoarding,shelter at home has increased demand.

There's an oversupply of commercial TP,but it tends to be single ply,not double ply ,like

"Charman".

A number of stores out here in N.J. are now selling individual rolls of commercial TP and PT.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Our local paper did an article about this.

There's an oversupply of commercial TP,but it tends to be single ply,not double ply ,like

"Charman".

A number of stores out here in N.J. are now selling individual rolls of commercial TP and PT.

Local food store has no TP but getting shipments of paper towels from SYSCO. SYSCO supplies business and sold to businesses by the carton. So individual rolls have ye olde price sticker on each one and no bar code. I do self checkout and have to call the cashier over to enter the price. Like I’m doing a dance as he/she comes over I jump out of the way to keep that 6 feet.

And I asked this store about next shipment. Answer was “we’ve been ordering but.....”. Didn’t ask at the other 2 stores but they had no tp and very little if any Kleenex type tissues.... napkins they have plenty of....😥

Edited by JimF-LowBari

23 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Less activity, means more eating, which means more TP usage, which might mean more obese people who have been found out are more susceptible to C19.