Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

Back from the TP and visit (social distancing) in the field in front of the house. Irony is of brand TP is named Kirkland and made in Seattle. Kirkland is the town that had the nursing home that had coronavirus cases when this first started to hit the fan. 

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Back from the TP and visit (social distancing) in the field in front of the house. Irony is of brand TP is named Kirkland and made in Seattle. Kirkland is the town that had the nursing home that had coronavirus cases when this first started to hit the fan. 

wipe carefully

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

wipe carefully

Clorox ain’t gonna kill that mental image buddy.... 🤮

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s Costco’s house brand. 

• Thanks 1

CNN reporting we are now in the Hair Products week (due, hair clippers and beard groomers). First was hand sanitizer, then toilet paper, then Cooking supplies....

Funny part is first week CNN quoted VP from local chain in my area ( my go to place). Nine stores in 2 or 3 counties but someone found them.

43 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

CNN reporting we are now in the Hair Products week (due, hair clippers and beard groomers). First was hand sanitizer, then toilet paper, then Cooking supplies....

Funny part is first week CNN quoted VP from local chain in my area ( my go to place). Nine stores in 2 or 3 counties but someone found them.

At least CNN didn't use their typical 72-point font when reporting the issue.

I think they need to talk to their people responsible for their headline font size.  It's very tabloid.   

Anyone else think it’s encouraging that some governors are getting together for joint plans on recovering from this? I do but then again think my guv does well working with others. Even got a mention from USAToday that during the daily briefings he says the governments part and then steps back to let the state secretary of health talk about the medical end. Guy is so #### low key I’m surprised anyone noticed him lol

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Me too. Our business isn't essential, so most of our staff (the one who weren't laid off, that is) are working from home, but someone has to check the mail, deposit the checks, run payroll every week, and so forth. I actually wrote and signed the letters for the handful of other employees we deemed necessary to keep the lights on.

It's actually been busier than ever for my department, because for a few weeks, there's still a lot of things to take care of from the finance/h.r. end of things. This past week in particular has been busy as we generated and gathered the supporting documents needed to apply for the small business loans that were created by the CARES Act nine days ago. We're expecting to receive the official application link at any time. No one's sure how long it will take to get approval after that, though. And the guidance about what documents are required and what the loan can be used for have been shifting this way and that. Just today the association for certified accountants sent out a statement indicating they believe FICA is covered by the payroll loan option, but the banks don't seem to all agree on that point. That alone could change the size of our loan (if it's approved) by more than $50,000.

I hope DCI and/or the various corps have looked into those loans, some of which become forgivable in July to the degree that payroll has been maintained -- and which have a low interest rate even if not forgiven.

We just got some good news on this front.

Meanwhile, I read yesterday that nearly 80% of the $349 billion for this program had already been allocated, less than two weeks after banks began accepting applications. I hope some corps were able to take advantage of it.

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

got ours last week

5 hours ago, Continental said:

At least CNN didn't use their typical 72-point font when reporting the issue.

I think they need to talk to their people responsible for their headline font size.  It's very tabloid.   

cable news basically is tabloid anymore regardless of persuasion or leanings