Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Smart move on your part. 

One of the National Lampoon books had a map, not sure if Bored of the Rings, that had an area marked as "The Ngao Marsh"...I haven't seen it in decades, but that one item has stuck with me all these years. The map was hilarious.   

4 hours ago, E3D said:

OC Greg. They don't want anyone to think about the unemployment and the actual destruction going on for the people who do not have the luxury to WORK from HOME. 

We get that information all day every day on the news. That was not the point of the concert. It was a celebration of those working on the front lines, and giving people a couple hours of enjoyment listening to music from around the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

We get that information all day every day on the news. That was not the point of the concert. It was a celebration of those working on the front lines, and giving people a couple hours of enjoyment listening to music from around the world. 

Not in my opinion it was not. explain the WHO logo on everything :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, E3D said:

Not in my opinion it was not. explain the WHO logo on everything :rolleyes:

It appears that the concert was coordinated by/with the WHO. The bad news and other stuff is available in other places at other times. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

It appears that the concert was coordinated by/with the WHO. The bad news and other stuff is available in other places at other times. 

I believe you need a healthy dose of encouragement to see things from my perspective. :juggle:

Just got an email that Sheetz will deliver using grubhub. I need a half a tank of gas so wonder how that would work. 😛 (I buy gas at Sheetz for the discount and closeness)

On 4/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Me too. Our business isn't essential, so most of our staff (the one who weren't laid off, that is) are working from home, but someone has to check the mail, deposit the checks, run payroll every week, and so forth. I actually wrote and signed the letters for the handful of other employees we deemed necessary to keep the lights on.

It's actually been busier than ever for my department, because for a few weeks, there's still a lot of things to take care of from the finance/h.r. end of things. This past week in particular has been busy as we generated and gathered the supporting documents needed to apply for the small business loans that were created by the CARES Act nine days ago. We're expecting to receive the official application link at any time. No one's sure how long it will take to get approval after that, though. And the guidance about what documents are required and what the loan can be used for have been shifting this way and that. Just today the association for certified accountants sent out a statement indicating they believe FICA is covered by the payroll loan option, but the banks don't seem to all agree on that point. That alone could change the size of our loan (if it's approved) by more than $50,000.

I hope DCI and/or the various corps have looked into those loans, some of which become forgivable in July to the degree that payroll has been maintained -- and which have a low interest rate even if not forgiven.

Very pleased that this worked out in our case.

For those organizations that weren't able to get applications processed before the money ran out, it appears that more funds will be made available in the relatively near future.

12 hours ago, E3D said:

I believe you need a healthy dose of encouragement to see things from my perspective. :juggle:

The “concert” was put on for the exact reason they said it was for.  Because you wish some other reason for it, does not change what it was for; giving first responders, nurses, doctors, hospital works and such, a small break.  Their day to day does not compare to anyone else’s except maybe the victims themselves.  The concert was not a forum for the economy, the unemployed or the inconvenienced people asked to stay at home.  If you have a problem with it that’s a you problem,  that the first step to fixing, starts in front of a mirror.  The concert gave some of the intended audience some desperately needed encouragement, which is also what this thread is about.  I encourage you to be kinder in your support of the concert’s particular audience.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The “concert” was put on for the exact reason they said it was for.  Because you wish some other reason for it, does not change what it was for; giving first responders, nurses, doctors, hospital works and such, a small break.  Their day to day does not compare to anyone else’s except maybe the victims themselves.  The concert was not a forum for the economy, the unemployed or the inconvenienced people asked to stay at home.  If you have a problem with it that’s a you problem,  that the first step to fixing, starts in front of a mirror.  The concert gave some of the intended audience some desperately needed encouragement, which is also what this thread is about.  I encourage you to be kinder in your support of the concert’s particular audience.

I agree to disagree. It was a ploy to allow the WHO to get adverts.