Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And sometimes those complaints are from other Dino’s....

That’s right! Get off my tar pit!

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

younger fans of the activity look down on DCP as "grouchy old man get off my lawn" drum corps chat

Compared to what?  Where is the welcoming open-minded utopia of acceptance of all ages and opinions that serves as the baseline against which DCP is being measured?  

• Thanks 2

Well, this dino says well done PR!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Continental said:

Imagine if they got a look at RAMD....

When I was in fb belonged to a group from slightly before my time. Amazing to hear that I didn’t do “real drum corps” and I joined in 1974 😆

granted it was just a few hard heads but made whole group look bad with insults.

real drum corps... starting line, finish line, color presentation 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

When I was in fb belonged to a group from slightly before my time. Amazing to hear that I didn’t do “real drum corps” and I joined in 1974 😆

granted it was just a few hard heads but made whole group look bad with insults.

real drum corps... starting line, finish line, color presentation 

Those were around in 1974. #### I’m old.

34 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Those were around in 1974. #### I’m old.

DCA in 1974 allowed guard on the field before the show but rest of corps could not. But corps could be on end zone line and/or back field line. No finish line but had in 1972 (have some vids). Color Pre stuck around until bicentennial but no idea when it was mandatory.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

DCA in 1974 allowed guard on the field before the show but rest of corps could not. But corps could be on end zone line and/or back field line. No finish line but had in 1972 (have some vids). Color Pre stuck around until bicentennial but no idea when it was mandatory.

IIRC in 72 we entered from the left side of the field and then near the end of the show we had to do and exit and re-entry and then there were the timing guns. The rules were a little different in 73, I think we set up on the back sideline. We still had a timing gun but no exit/re-entry but we had color pre. I think ‘78 or ‘79 were the last years for color pre. Any other dinos out there to corroborate this? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, skevinp said:

Compared to what?  Where is the welcoming open-minded utopia of acceptance of all ages and opinions that serves as the baseline against which DCP is being measured?  

several Facebook pages.

personally I mock idiots of any era

8 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

IIRC in 72 we entered from the left side of the field and then near the end of the show we had to do and exit and re-entry and then there were the timing guns. The rules were a little different in 73, I think we set up on the back sideline. We still had a timing gun but no exit/re-entry but we had color pre. I think ‘78 or ‘79 were the last years for color pre. Any other dinos out there to corroborate this? 

Last year of mandatory color presentation was well before 78 or 79. Might have been 73 or even 72.