Time for DCI to cancel season?

9 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

What's going to prolong this event is this type of thinking.  A friend made a FB post  & tagged a local journalist about a concert still scheduled for tonight at a large pub in our area.  A morning show just played video of several large gatherings as well as folks shoulder-to-shoulder on the beaches in Florida!  Insane   

I saw a photo of Clearwater Beach yesterday. Packed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

IIRC, their show theme "Plague" was chosen awhile ago, and might be undergoing some rethinking in light of current events.

That sounds as depressing as hell, under any circumstances.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oops that’s right I don’t have a “need to know”..... Lol.... only a paying customer 😈

Yep; I'm a paying customer & I've been asked to help with a tour segment for a corps where I use to teach.  Been out of that side of the activity for several years but I am temped to get back involved on the administrative side.  More comfortable bedding now days.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PepsiTwist said:

There’s been a lot of talk regarding whether or not the season will or should be canceled. But what happens if a large percentage of the members themselves (or their parents) decide they (or their kids) will not participate  in drum corps this summer? A lot can change in just a couple days but what happens members decide to bail at the last minute, regardless of contracts? 

I wholeheartedly believe this will pass and eventually become a distant memory — story time for our grandkids and new additions to grade school history books. But as we live through this today, it would behoove us all to also consider the possibility that some kids or parents will decide to not participate in 2020 under the circumstances which could greatly impact the decisions that are being made and discussed right now. 

any thoughts?

It will pass sooner rather than later if people will take heed of the CDC recommendations.  As for marching members, I don't think that would be a concern with the older students.  Maybe with open class with the younger HS students.  But who knows; this is uncharted territory for everyone. I wasn't around in 1918. 😙

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That sounds as depressing as hell, under any circumstances.

I agree, but they did a great job at making nuclear waste entertaining in I think, 2016.  I do find Guardians to be a pretty creative corps and I’m sure they will come up with another idea. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So anyone know what is going on with DCI and the corps regarding this mess? Conversations between the affected parties,etc?

There's a phone meeting of the membership today for them to get updated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Is there a way to  read this without having to subscribe ?

Just click the link. That worked for me and I'm not a subscriber.   I think the WSJ has temporarily suspended pay walls.   

• Like 1