Time for DCI to cancel season?

37 minutes ago, garfield said:

Well!  Isn't that something!

A full week after first considering self-immolation... oh, sorry, self-isolation for fear that this thing is going to kill tens-of-millions, and, at the same time saying to the public "Only old people are at risk" and, then, being completely surprised at the stupidity of young people for showing up to party on the beaches (I didn't recognize any "old people" in the photos circulating), I'll be darned!

This morning comes the realization that, oops, there was a mistake and, so sorry, young people are the CARRIERS actually killing their parents (see Bill Ackman, yesterday, CNBC)! 

Suddenly...

...the beaches are clear.

"So sorry!  Go home!"

Now, these kids' parents are more to blame if they're paying a nickel of their kids' education costs, and the students paying their own way are equally culpable for exhibiting bad behavior and decision-making.  If I were a drum corps, I'd demand evidence of where a kid spent spring break before I'd let them into camp next time.

Well, actually I agree except the Florida beaches are thriving right now as the governor refuses to shut down the beaches.  (Start of the Spring Break season)  I have a former student just posted yesterday from the beach.  There are still a multitude of folks that aren't concerned about this pandemic.  (Please excuse the bold print.  I could add all caps if it would help everyone.) 😂

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-governor-refuses-shut-down-beaches-amid-spread-coronavirus-n1162226

Edited by keystone3ply
addition

One thing that bothers me is how a number of  news  outlets are reporting  the results of the increased number

of tests.

They give the impression that, if you test positive,you're going to end up in an ICU, on a vent and 

that hospitals will be overwhelmed.

According to what I've read,the majority  of people who get the virus,I've seen numbers as high as 86%, will never show any symptoms.

There also very little being said about the number of infected people who end up in the  hospital and further ,

how many of those are in ICU and/or on vents.

That's not to say we shouldn't be taking precautions,especially  to  prevent spreading to vulnerable people.

But this information would provide a perspective.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

I want to salute those of you who are soldering on and trying to keep this thread on-topic in the face of all the “my healthcare system is better than yours” talk. In my little corner of the world I personally know of two students who returned from Barcelona Friday, and both have now tested positive. So, huh, they had a test. And, it gives me reason to doubt the - Spain has it under control - talk. This is gonna be bad. It was gonna be bad no matter what any politician in any country in the world did. Those of you who want to get political gain from it make me shake my head. The best thing You can do is to do your part and make sure your family is too. Those spring breakers on the beaches in Florida. Want to blame the governor or mayor?  How about - where are these kids parents!!  Shame on them for not Demanding there kids get out of there. Everyone wants mommy and daddy government to save them. Where is the personal and family responsibility?  The 2020 dci season isn’t going to happen, sadly. Question- does this mean Blue Devils won’t be able to claim a three-peat when they win in 2021?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Don’t think I saw that any European country claims they have it under control. Last I saw Italy and Spain are saying they are in deep doo doo. 
Saw the spring break but on CBS and blame the students. proves  nothing changed in 40 years since my time. One clod “if I get it I get it, not going to stop my partying “. I pictured one of his moms friends calling mom “I saw Johnny on the news. Keep that freaking moron away from us “. Personally I would have a tent in the backyard for when they got home.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Don’t think I saw that any European country claims they have it under control. Last I saw Italy and Spain are saying they are in deep doo doo. 

I wasn’t referring to a European country. I was referring to a poster right here on this thread. 

Just now, HockeyDad said:

I wasn’t referring to a European country. I was referring to a poster right here on this thread. 

Ok I missed that post. Did see the comparisons between countries health care posts.

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Well, actually I agree except the Florida beaches are thriving right now as the governor refuses to shut down the beaches.  (Start of the Spring Break season)  I have a former student just posted yesterday from the beach.  There are still a multitude of folks that aren't concerned about this pandemic.  (Please excuse the bold print.  I could add all caps if it would help everyone.) 😂

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-governor-refuses-shut-down-beaches-amid-spread-coronavirus-n1162226

I think they closed Clearwater Beach yesterday.  But it was full before then so waiting until Wednesday of spring break was a mistake.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Well!  Isn't that something!

A full week after first considering self-immolation... oh, sorry, self-isolation for fear that this thing is going to kill tens-of-millions, and, at the same time saying to the public "Only old people are at risk" and, then, being completely surprised at the stupidity of young people for showing up to party on the beaches (I didn't recognize any "old people" in the photos circulating), I'll be darned!

This morning comes the realization that, oops, there was a mistake and, so sorry, young people are the CARRIERS actually killing their parents (see Bill Ackman, yesterday, CNBC)! 

Suddenly...

...the beaches are clear.

"So sorry!  Go home!"

Now, these kids' parents are more to blame if they're paying a nickel of their kids' education costs, and the students paying their own way are equally culpable for exhibiting bad behavior and decision-making.  If I were a drum corps, I'd demand evidence of where a kid spent spring break before I'd let them into camp next time.

I heard a kid on tv calling Covid 19 the “Boomer Remover”.  That made me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I heard a kid on tv calling Covid 19 the “Boomer Remover”.  That made me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

You mean, the boomers who likely are supporting that kid’s lifestyle?  Those ones?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5