Time for DCI to cancel season?

An interesting question that I haven’t seen anyone ask yet is: will FloSports survive this? Their revenue is about to take a colossal hit, if it hasn’t already, with no sports or marching competitions to stream. If they go under, how will we stream future shows? We already know DCI isn’t in the position to offer that service again. 

19 minutes ago, crownisking said:

An interesting question that I haven’t seen anyone ask yet is: will FloSports survive this? Their revenue is about to take a colossal hit, if it hasn’t already, with no sports or marching competitions to stream. If they go under, how will we stream future shows? We already know DCI isn’t in the position to offer that service again. 

I raised this earlier as I cancelled my subscription

33 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You mean, the boomers who likely are supporting that kid’s lifestyle?  Those ones?  

Boomers who are inside and kid saying that probably will spread it to his boomer family....

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Don’t think I saw that any European country claims they have it under control. Last I saw Italy and Spain are saying they are in deep doo doo. 

One of my friends came to the US,from Spain when she was a kid.

Now that she and her brothers are grown,her  parents spend  a lot of their time back there.

She was saying that,according to her parents,the virus cases are  concentrated in the

Madrid region.

Her parents live in a small village the mountains.

Very isolated.

They have to drive 30 minutes into a to to get wi-fi.

That area  haven't seen much of anything in the way of infections.

But they are still in "lock down" with the rest of the country.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think they closed Clearwater Beach yesterday.  But it was full before then so waiting until Wednesday of spring break was a mistake.  

Good luck getting meds for the chlamydia they picked up when there are so many coronavirus patients ahead of them. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Would that be what we’d call an unintended beneficial consequence?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t panic. Avg age was about 80. Find me an 80 year old who doesn’t have at least one condition. I mean, c’mon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Would that be what we’d call an unintended beneficial consequence?

I’ll take FloMarching over going back to Periscope any day.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I'd be more concerned that Flo will sell themselves.

Am I concerned that Flo will fold?  Nope, not at all.

And, with the current deal in place, I'd think some directors would be happy to exit the current Flo deal and strike a new one elsewhere.