Time for DCI to cancel season?

26 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I don’t know how anyone could believe it isn’t real If they own a working television, as I am aware of no major news source that anyone could actually consume for any length of time and come away believing that.  

I haven’t left the house since Monday.  It’s real. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

A lot of people get their "news" from what's shared to their feeds on Facebook, and from what I've seen (I'm not on Facebook myself), it ain't pretty. That said, I have no idea what misleading news sources lead to situations like this:

"A pastor from a Baptist church in Conway, Arkansas, expressed concern about his congregation's reaction to the coronavirus.

Rev. Josh King, the lead pastor of Second Baptist Church, reported that members of his church think the coronavirus is a hoax ... He told the Washington Post that some of Arkansas's parishioners were willing to go to great lengths to prove there was nothing to fear about the COVID-19 virus.

'One pastor said half of his church is ready to lick the floor, to prove there’s no actual virus,' King said after meeting with several other Baptist pastors to discuss halting church services."

That story is from four days ago, though. Maybe the parishioners have wised up since then.

When I retired I relocated to AR,  got a nice place in the country (2 1/2 acres) .  Your post reminds me why I have lived in AZ the past 20 + yrs.   :whistle:

Just now, DCVNVET said:

When I retired I relocated to AR,  got a nice place in the country (2 1/2 acres) .  Your post reminds me why I have lived in AZ the past 20 + yrs.   :whistle:

The are some better-informed and some worse-informed people in every state, of course.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The are some better-informed and some worse-informed people in every state, of course.

There is a lot of anger bubbling up from all sides.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Correct needless to say or I wouldn't have made it through my first by pass surgery  Two phrases stick with me!  "Taint from here are you?"  & " I don't rightly know?' 

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

As people insist on making a mockery of the guidelines and never seem to face any repercussions, and as people who play fair are powerless to address it, I will just say goodbye and good luck to everyone.  

Agree.. I am just about ready to take a long hiatus from this abuse.  Who needs it? 

All my best to the corps members going forward!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Agree.. I am just about ready to take a long hiatus from this abuse.  Who needs it? 

All my best to the corps members going forward!

I really hope they survive this hiatus because I’m 99% sure there won’t be any drum corps in 2020. 

• Like 3