Time for DCI to cancel season?

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

bottom line is this:

transportation and volunteers need to be finalized asap. housing...gonna be a nightmare for spring training and tour. in the current climate of uncertainty, and the fact right now the country is trying to play catch-up from way behind, i can't see how any kind of season is gonna happen. i imagine mid april at the latest is the due or die call to be made, and i'm told some corps already want to pull the plug and start on 2021.

This is true, and DCI won't allow those corps to pull out of the tour on their own until DCI makes the call to pull the plug, which their Medical Advisory Team is telling them they should have done already. 

Edited by seen-it-all

Check out CA Governors announcement today basically telling everyone in the State to stay home.  Also a projection that over 50% of the resident's in the State would be infected,  Also that if the former is the case there would be a 20k shortfall in hospital beds.  He  has requested that a Hospital ship be dispatched to the port of Los Angeles.   

Edited by DCVNVET
sp
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

I don’t know how anyone could believe it isn’t real If they own a working television, as I am aware of no major news source that anyone could actually consume for any length of time and come away believing that.  

Oh, he just thinks that’s what “they” want you to see and believe. Serious tin foil hat stuff. My wife tried her best to talk some sense into him but he’s still pretty wrapped up in the conspiracy. As I said, though, he’s still appearing to stay mostly at home and go along with the standard precautions. So I guess some part of him must believe part of it.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You mean having to go through all this to hold the death count down to the approximate number of Americans killed in action in Vietnam? Yeah, we should go through all this. 

Or about 40% less than one year of deaths from alcohol?   Can we campletely ban that, please, because too many people are dying.  

25 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

Check out CA Governors announcement today basically telling everyone in the State to stay home.  Also a projection that over 50% of the resident's in the State would be infected,  Also that if the former is the case there would be a 20k shortfall in hospital beds.  He  has requested that a Hospital ship be dispatched to the port of Los Angeles.   

That would be extremely miraculous, considering that in the worst place the this virus has been - China - the infection rate of the population is 0.00058%.  So California would have to have an infection rate 100,000 X higher than the whole country of China, who had zero preparations for it.  I'm pretty sure the governor was not a math major, and I am certain he did not get those numbers from anyone with any credibility at all. 

5 hours ago, TwoValves said:

I'm pretty sure the governor was not a math major, and I am certain he did not get those numbers from anyone with any credibility at all. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gov-gavin-newsom-orders-all-californians-to-stay-at-home/ar-BB11qBbf?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=AVRES007

Suggest that you contact MSN or the Governors' office regarding the validity of this information.  I merely posted because the request for the Hospital ship was thru September 1.  If that is the case I doubt the Government is going to allow large, rolling,  petri dishes to be touring the countryside. 

Why are people arguing about numbers and making comparisons when this #### has just started?

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat:

Please stop the political posting. It is against DCP guidelines. The threads are in danger of being closed. Posting about the science and what is happening is great.  

Good morning!  Serious question: can there be a thread strictly dedicated to US politics to be used for DCP members to vent or is that an overall policy for all subject matter?  I've read the forum for years but I'm fairly new to posting.  Could be a great online therapy session for members? Thanks!

PS:  I should have said "Long time listener, first time caller".  

Edited by keystone3ply
correction