Time for DCI to cancel season?

2 hours ago, dans said:

nytimes makes great toilet paper...so it does have some value

Let me know how your ### feels after you use it 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Continental said:

Lyle Waggoner from the Carol Burnett show passed away.  Almost completely missed in the news. 

Yeah caught that on one of the websites I scan. Not saying site name to keep this on topic but it seems to pull in stories from both sides and the middle. Plus has a local section from various sources.

Also LW was Wonder Woman’s main squeeze....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

So glad you didn't type accident.

Harrisburg has its own beltway, near PA turnpike and major route to Baltimore/DC/NYC for this part of the country. So plenty of chances to report wrecks and have live reports of cars on the highway just sitting there (they have to be on the scene for that?)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Harrisburg has its own beltway, part of PA turnpike and major route to Baltimore/DC/NYC for this part of the country. So plenty of chances to report wrecks and have live reports of cars on the highway just sitting there (they have to be on the scene for that?)

And a Westshoremen drum major was the traffic guy for a station until recently. He was broadcasting live when the 81/322/Cameron street bridge blew up a few years ago. He swore on air 

• Like 1

All news is not fake news no matter how much some people want us to believe this.  There is a lot of good accurate reporting but you can't call it fake news just because you don't like what you see or read.  The truth is always their you may have to look deeper for it.  If anyone has doubts about Covid-19 you are simply ignorant.  It IS as bad as it is being reported and we aren't anywhere near the really bad point yet.  It IS building, people ARE dying.  It IS worse that the regular flu.  But for the matter at hand;   I have been hoping we could get past it enough so the season could go on.  Shortened maybe, but it would do on.  It is inevitable it cannot.  For the many reasons we all know and now have to admit.  A big question now, in my mind,  that the reality is going to settle in:  What corps will survive to make it to the field in 2021?

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Massive pile up on local road yes....

pandering to one side or the other no... 

And surprise, surprise found out thru local news there actually ARE things going on besides the virus. And not just the weather😜

So we just all need to relocate to the area your local news covers.  Problem solved!

27 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

So we just all need to relocate to the area your local news covers.  Problem solved!

Or start watching your own local news to see how they handle things..... At least I have yet to see local stations bash their competition like the cable news networks do. 

My point was locals seem to care more about what goes on in the community and less about ratings for their multi billion dollar owners (cable and national networks). (Not repeating my Three Mile Island story  that made me realize this)....👎

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Removed snark as misread intent
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Or start watching your own local news to see how they handle things..... At least I have yet to see local stations bash their competition like the cable news networks do. 

My point was locals seem to care more about what goes on in the community and less about ratings for their multi billion dollar owners. (Not repeating my Three Mile Island story  that made me realize this) But heaven forbid anyone try to bring up suggestions on here....👎

No foul on your part.  You must be blessed with better local news than anywhere I have resided.

• Like 1

Also under reported was the death of McCoy Tyner..one of the greatest jazz pianist of our time and the perfect compliment to John Coltrane ..peace

• Sad 1