Letter addressing the COVID-19 virus from renowned Aids expert Dr. Michael S. Saag, University of Alabama, Birmingham

Edit: as things have been removed....

Important thing is the lessons learned and following them. Annnd for us holding the leaders feet to the fire in expressing what we (the real bosses) feel should be done. Hope the biggest lesson learned is it CAN happen here, we’re not so “special” that it will be different in ‘merica (that goes from the top on down). 

As political as I get here 😛....  I’m a former federal employee and signed paperwork to protect the country and not the leaders. So you can figure where this places parties, ideologies and the like....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat...

Please refrain from political posts. This has been noted many times, and threads have been closed.

This virus is found in every country in the world. Pretty sure it’s non-partisan. Our collective response should be too. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 4

On 3/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, HockeyDad said:

How are things better than 1918 right at this moment ?  Respirators?  Yes. That’s a positive difference.  Better personal protective clothing. Yes. But in short supply. Medicine/treatment/vaccine?  Not today, but fingers crossed big time on the anti-malarial. Look I’m. It trying to be a fear monger. Just looking at the numbers. I don’t want it to be 2.2 million or .22 million. Maybe the mortality rate will be lower than 1918 and it’s already looking that way. Maybe the infection rate will be lower than 1918 which was 1/3 of the population. I sure hope so. Maybe the mortality rate will turn out to be 1% not 3%. If so that would drop the deaths to 700,000. Wonderful. Maybe it will suddenly fade away like SARS did. Wonderful. About 2-3 million people die in America every year from all causes. 

Sanitation?  Knowledge of the human body and how infectious disease works?  The CDC?  

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

This virus is found in every country in the world. Pretty sure it’s non-partisan. Our collective response should be too. 

Moderator comment:

I have removed newly added posts with overtly political commentary. 

As an extra comment, even posts that are not partisan one way or the other may also be removed if they are deemed political in nature. 

In general, everyone please take a second look at posts before submitting to make sure they fit within DCP guidelines to the best of your abilities.

Don't do this:

Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus.

(And his wife is in critical condition after doing the same thing.)