Compressed summer tour DCI announcement

Just now, DFA1970 said:

Yeah...that sounds very corporate  like and best case scenario. I'm not trying to sound negative but I don't see schools all of a sudden opening doors with welcome mats. Let alone stadiums. DCI Board is sounding very much like the Tokyo Olympic committee. 

The DCI board has to do what they can to try to salvage things, to try to salvage some of the revenue for this year. Its not like this activity is flush with cash, its very conceivable we could lose corps over this. 

It may be futile in the end if this goes on for a long time. But theyre doing their jobs in at least trying to find some way of salvaging this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AlexL said:

The DCI board has to do what they can to try to salvage things, to try to salvage some of the revenue for this year. Its not like this activity is flush with cash, its very conceivable we could lose corps over this. 

It may be futile in the end if this goes on for a long time. But theyre doing their jobs in at least trying to find some way of salvaging this. 

I get your point. I'm here in the bay area in shelter in place because of this. And the talk is this might last past April 7th. Until May. But when you see hundreds people jogging and roller blading on the San Francisco Embarcadero on the first day of the shelter in place you know we're in trouble. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I get your point. I'm here in the bay area in shelter in place because of this. And the talk is this might last past April 7th. Until May. But when you see hundreds people jogging and roller blading on the San Francisco Embarcadero on the first day of the shelter in place you know we're in trouble. 

Yeah, they're pretty crazy on the other side of bay. I stay away from SF as much as possible.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

This is Great News!

It's mentioned in this update posted on DCI.org today.

With hope for a safe and vastly improved environment in the coming weeks, current efforts include developing a revised and compressed schedule for the 2020 DCI Summer Tour.

to me thats Plan B.

they dont want to publicly discuss Plan C

• Like 6

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Actually, it's about half over if previously affected countries are any indication.

Not according to the top researchers in the US. We’re looking at almost a year’s worth of recovery ONLY if we enact stringent protocols now. 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/18/america-united-states-lockdown-coming/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/interview-francis-collins-nih/608221/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

And that’s the reason I’ve barely left the house once since Saturday.  And that was to get 3v batteries for my thermometer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexL said:

Agreed. But unfortunately, this is only delaying the inevitable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

We use to live in SoMa, South of Market for those not in the know, and moved back to Castro last spring. People are out and about doing their daily activities, shopping, walking, roller blading and jogging. Lots of handsome police officers out today too. Love their big smiles as we walked by. 

• Like 1