Compressed summer tour DCI announcement

15 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

(It's not hard to find; it's all over Facebook.)  

Agree! The issues are high school and college housing and venue site availability much of which is dependent on state and local decisions, bus transportation availability, and unreliable participant commitments. Lots of logistical problems. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My thoughts of why drum corps is resume worthy:

Many marching members go into education, and if we read some of the bios of marching members, we are not talking only music education. In subject areas, grades speak for themselves, but there are the intangibles grades do not provide such as team work, working together, perseverance, dedication, etc., and drum corps can teach these skills. 

Regarding why one year may be of value as let’s say three years, that depends on the individual. Drum corps can be a great resume worthy activity, but so too is the right internship, job experience in the field, and the like. It really depends on the individual.

Well said

9 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Agree! The issues are high school and college housing and venue site availability much of which is dependent on state and local decisions, bus transportation availability, and unreliable participant commitments. Lots of logistical problems. 

Agree! The issues at hand are many but they can be solved in some way. That's what makes the activity of drum corps so intoxicating; you never know what challenge is ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Besides the usual things learned in drum corps like musicianship and character, marching in a corps teaches you discipline, focus, respect, time management, and to have an open mind and it develops self-confidence. As has been proven time after time by the corps' when they compete, when something is not working (winning) you change it and try something new. I believe this activity teaches these values better than any other activity which has always been why drum corps' is such a worthy activity to pursue. Lastly, look at the friendships and marriages that have developed. I highly recommend this to any parent.

it also helps when applying for a job with a competitive band

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Oh, please.

Stopped reading the Atlantic piece after that moron tried to make a case for US tracking only 8 days behind Italy based solely on case count - as if both nations have the same number of people in the same amount of space, with the same cultural and hygenic behaviors, the same infrastructure, and the same timing and degree of response.

That “moron” is one of the top virologists in the world. I’ll side with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That just makes him one of the "top" morons in the world, then, for suggesting such an inane basis for tracking.

Morons come in all forms. The goal is not to be one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, phd-student-TTU said:

That “moron” is one of the top virologists in the world. I’ll side with him. 

Virologists aren't necessarily great in math nor statistics (a branch of math).  I'll stick with qualified number crunchers who have nothing to gain.

let's be honest DCI has been all out safety everything for 2 years now....well, pulling the plug errs on the side of safety. 

• Like 6