So DCA 2020

Thinking most DCA shows in NY, NJ, PA and CT. Last I looked by state NY and NJ have most cases, PA at 12th (before the current spike) and CT 15th. Think these states would have to be really clean before anyone thinks of going ther be it to play or watch.

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking most DCA shows in NY, NJ, PA and CT. Last I looked by state NY and NJ have most cases, PA at 12th (before the current spike) and CT 15th. Think these states would have to be really clean before anyone thinks of going ther be it to play or watch.

Those states getting hid hardest now may be "clean" before others ...

...but I think restrictions on mass gatherings are going to remain in place in many places well into the fall.

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

...but I think restrictions on mass gatherings are going to remain in place in many places well into the fall.

Hope so but I keep checking cases per county in PA. The urban ends (Philly/Pitts) have been nailed but there are counties in the rural middle still with no cases. Wondering if urban ends will start seeing a decline and then the middle kicks up. 

edit: well those clean rural counties have started to report cases but lot of that changed in the last 24 hours.

(500+ cases).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Not a chance in heck the DCA season happens this year. Too  many unknowns and rehersal time and facilities will be at the heart of the issue. A bigger issue might be that mommy and daddy have lost their jobs,,,been restricted from working or hours have been cut back because businesses have been closed or forced to close during this time. No funds for extra curricular activities. I just don't see it. 

• Thanks 1

I'll go out on a limb here and say DCI cancelling the 2020 tour will prod DCA into a decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hope so but I keep checking cases per county in PA. The urban ends (Philly/Pitts) have been nailed but there are counties in the rural middle still with no cases. Wondering if urban ends will start seeing a decline and then the middle kicks up.

edit: well those clean rural counties have started to report cases but lot of that changed in the last 24 hours. (500+ cases).

Someone yesterday said the country now is in the period between the lightning and the thunder.

Also this story from Washington state bears on decisions that performing arts groups like drum corps are having to make:

"60 people showed up for a choir practice earlier this month. 45 got sick. 1 has died.

A remarkable window into how contagious coronavirus can be, even when it appears nobody is symptomatic."

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/coronavirus-usa-03-26#a-choir-group-had-60-people-show-up-for-practice-now-45-are-sick

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

the issue IMO is the willingness of schools to let outsiders in.

i have heard...and i won't say true or not, but i have heard some corps are holding out, thinking with no DCI, DCA corps can pick up kids with nowhere to march this summer with DCI going down. I'd imagine at this point, any kind of rehearsals wouldn't begin until June....if they can get in places to rehearse and perform. the quality by Labor Day will be eh losing 3 months, so some show design revamping will have to happen.

but i truly think getting rehearsal and show sites is going to be the biggest challenge

33 minutes ago, AoEnut said:

DCA needs to do the responsible thing and shut-down for the season.

Waiting shows a sever lack leadership on their part to do the right thing.  The writing is on the wall, move on and begin to plan for 2021.

Eh, if it takes them another week or two, I think no harm done. Although it does seem obvious to me that they'll have to do this.