ESPN planning to air obscure sports---why not DCI?

Cherry-pit spitting and marble races? ESPN is airing obscure sports amid corona virus

Why not contact ESPN and get them to broadcast some DCI shows, with DCI's permission, of course. It could be a way to get massive "free" publicity at the time when DCI and the corps need more national exposure and financial help. Just a thought.

Miami Herald

Edited by over60
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would love to see DCI back on either ESPN or PBS. But to the point, Poppycock is probably correct. I can imagine that it would be a possible lawsuit nightmare. And let's face it, people are all about unity until money gets worked into the equation. 

But I do like the idea!

I posted this yesterday:

I just think the DCI product is a perfect fit for Disney's new streaming service.  Especially now that they've created the Disney/ESPN+ Bundle.  With the previous ties of the DCI product to both Disney & ESPN, I wish someone could make this happen with the partnership of ABC Sports, ESPN, & Hearst Communications.  And with the power of their licensing department, I think they could make a profit by expanding the DCI on Demand library service.  (I could even see a Disney Marching Arts Network.)  Of course, there could be a chance that I have no idea of what I'm talking about.         

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

24 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I was not suggesting Tresona forfeit rights... just relax their grip (i.e. reduce royalty rates) enough so that the sources of those royalties do not wither and die.

Yeah, for example, it would be a shame if the poor people who own the Beatles rights would wither and die because they did not get the massive fees from the DCI media sales.

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I posted this yesterday:

I just think the DCI product is a perfect fit for Disney's new streaming service.  Especially now that they've created the Disney/ESPN+ Bundle.  With the previous ties of the DCI product to both Disney & ESPN, I wish someone could make this happen with the partnership of ABC Sports, ESPN, & Hearst Communications.  And with the power of their licensing department, I think they could make a profit by expanding the DCI on Demand library service.  (I could even see a Disney Marching Arts Network.)  Of course, there could be a chance that I have no idea of what I'm talking about.         

not enough $$$ to cover licensing

• Sad 1