Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok what in your opinion has tested drum corps more than this. During the depression and WWII local Posts and Scouts, etc were able to keep small local corps going. Plus there were always parades, rallies, etc that corps could perform in. Enjoy researching corps history back to 1920 and can’t think of any time when corps could not perform.

Bb horns and grounded tympani?

:whip:

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, garfield said:

OMGosh, think of all the economic, geopolitical, environmental, national security, and sociological changes that drum corps has survived!  "Nothing like this..."?  Please, calm down  You're overreacting. 

We've been through much worse than this as a country and as a hobby to think this is going to somehow drastically change the activity.

How does that song go?  "We will survive..."?   

I didn't say "drum corps".

I specifically said that DCI has never had to deal with any thing like this.

Maybe you can think of something  that had this kind of national impact,since DCI was founded.

I can't 

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I didn't say "drum corps".

I specifically said that DCI has never had to deal with any thing like this.

Maybe you can think of something  that had this kind of national impact,since DCI was founded.

I can't 

OK, but DCI is the drum corps.  I thought that was widely known.

If you can't name anything more impactful than this, and presuming your age and memory are like mine, then there's nothing I can say that will convince you otherwise.

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

“It’s time because something else might be postponed”

ok gotcha - not the strongest argument I’ve ever heard 

I will flip that around and say “what’s the rush?”

let the picture play out another ten days or so then pull the plug if needed 

Always defer to the powers in charge

• Sad 1

Major League Baseball hasn’t canceled yet. They start earlier. I expect them to cancel. Same for DCI, a few months down the road. 

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Major League Baseball hasn’t canceled yet. They start earlier. I expect them to cancel. Same for DCI, a few months down the road. 

MLB has postponed opening day until sometime in June, at last report. Given that their season runs until late September, not sure they'd be too quick to cancel the whole thing.

Edited by Slingerland