Mr. Acheson--it's time.

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Would like to see testing procedures for that. Or are members, staff, bus drivers, etc are all going to be totally separated from the rest of the public. Kind of hard to buy supplies, get gas, sign paperwork, etc etc without some contact

FDA approved a 45 min test yesterday. Testing regularly could be cheap by a, say July 1st, tour start date..

Just now, garfield said:

Yep.  And what if confirmed cases peaks by April 15 and by May 1st everyone is back to work?

Peak is one thing, virus being gone and not able to crank up again totally different. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

FDA approved a 45 min test yesterday. Testing regularly could be cheap by a, say July 1st, tour start date..

So how many thousands of tests would be needed for DCI to do a tour. Just because someone is clear today doesn’t mean they couldn’t pick it up later so I see multiple retesting to be sure.  And who would NOT be getting test kits because DCI is so important. 

as for lots of quick testing kits will believe it when I see it, and IIRC some of the early tests were flawed so waiting until anything new is used in volume to check

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yep.  And what if confirmed cases peaks by April 15 and by May 1st everyone is back to work?

The chances of this are zero. Just one week ago, on March 15th, the United States had 73 total COVID-19 deaths. Today, just one week later, the death toll is now 388 (the chart below is USA numbers only and hasn't been updated yet today). We've had almost 200 deaths the past 48-72 hours. Italy reported 793 new deaths yesterday alone. Spain reported 372. That's where we will be by the end of the month.

Globally, 12% of all COVID-19 fatalities have been reported in the past 24-48 hours. This is a GLOBAL pandemic that is accelerating rapidly and we are only at the very, very, very beginning of it.

NVwCngT.png

This is not going to be over in three weeks or even three months. There will be no DCI in 2020. I 100% guarantee it. There almost certainly will not be an MLB season, either. The chances of having an NFL or NBA season next Fall/Winter are about 50/50 right now. Alea iacta est. The near future is already determined, regardless of those who refuse to acknowledge it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

The chances of this are zero. Just one week ago, on March 15th, the United States had 73 total COVID-19 deaths. Today, just one week later, the death toll is now 388 (the chart below is USA numbers only and hasn't been updated yet today). We've had almost 200 deaths the past 48-72 hours. Italy reported 793 new deaths yesterday alone. Spain reported 372. That's where we will be by the end of the month.

Globally, 12% of all COVID-19 fatalities have been reported in the past 24-48 hours. This is a GLOBAL pandemic that is accelerating rapidly and we are only at the very, very, very beginning of it.

NVwCngT.png

This is not going to be over in three weeks or even three months. There will be no DCI in 2020. I 100% guarantee it. There almost certainly will not be an MLB season, either. The chances of having an NFL or NBA season next Fall/Winter are about 50/50 right now. Alea iacta est. The near future is already determined, regardless of those who refuse to acknowledge it.

You could be right. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, garfield said:

Second thought was smacked me....

what would happen if someone connected with a corps tested positive during tour? NBA suspended minutes before tip off. Would members of other corps or audience be told to get tested in case they were near that member or touched anything they touched?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Second thought was smacked me....

what would happen if someone connected with a corps tested positive during tour? NBA suspended minutes before tip off. Would members of other corps or audience be told to get tested in case they were near that member or touched anything they touched?

Images of Dan Acheson running onto the field wildly waving his arms just as the Bluecoats soloist was about to do the solo ending with "the wink."

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I believe Phantom Phan is correct.

48520b5f335a582f1f2b23aad3962af2e34e1c27

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I have a good friend, Federico, 66 years old, hunkered down in Rome.  He agrees with you and, hence, so do I.

Travel from China was restricted at the end of January, thank God.  We didn't have the "seeds" in our garment district like they did in Milan.

These were temporary workers on "work vacation" in Milan.  Many of them traveled the country as tourists before they knew they were sick.  They were doing that a full month after they originally discovered the virus and suppressed the news.  We don't have that.

Absolutely.