Mr. Acheson--it's time.

8 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Given that the Tokyo Olympics will certainly be postponed or cancelled, and the ongoing news this weekend, it is time for DCI to announce the closure of the 2020 season. The kids and instructors deserve to know, as well as us fans. Corps should go on lockdown till the end of the summer, decrease expenses, and do nothing but fund-raise.  

Maybe give things a bit more time .  The Olympics are considerably more interacted, complicated, and financially involved .  Yes, safety and well being are the prime consideration in this activity, and that should and will be addressed. Those in charge of calling the shots on the upcoming season are certainly aware ,  and watching and gathering all information safety wise, and logistically.  Lets hold the shouts from the gallery for the moment.

14 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

48520b5f335a582f1f2b23aad3962af2e34e1c27

I was also on that other "enjoyable" site when you made the name switch.  Around the time you were getting married if I believe.  And you used to kick some butt in the NFL football games the once SCV mm put together over several years.  At the time, she lived in CO and had an ill Mother.  Marianne (?) may be her real name.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

In my event planning days  90 days out was usually the last chance to cancel things without incurring penalties.   These days arn't normal days,  bus companies and staduims may be glad to have any business this summer, Same with facilities rent  but if they  (DCI) cancel June 1st they might get stuck paying quite a bit to Lucas Oil Stadium but now they could probably get out of any lease agreement.  The longer they wait the greater the cost of canceling will be.  Most of the established corps will be able to cover the day to day cost with regular Maroon and Gold Club or alumni donations or the 56 club.    Unfortunatly summer staff would lose out getting paid and it might really hurt the part time drum line instructors and substitute school music teachers who needed the extra summer check to make ends meet.   It will take a hit on the newer corps who don't have strong Alumni networks and depend on tuition, however that is why DCI has been putting out Guidelines highly encouraging them to find a lot of non tuition or non seasonal performance revenue.

Edited by totaleefree

53 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yep.  And what if confirmed cases peaks by April 15 and by May 1st everyone is back to work?

If you think we will hit the peak by then you better call Fauci and offer your insider knowledge because I’ve yet to see any medical professional go there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

In my event planning days  90 days out was usually the last chance to cancel things without incurring penalties.   These days arn't normal days,  bus companies and staduims may be glad to have any business this summer, Same with facilities rent  but if they  (DCI) cancel June 1st they might get stuck paying quite a bit to Lucas Oil Stadium but now they could probably get out of any lease agreement.  The longer they wait the greater the cost of canceling will be.  Most of the established corps will be able to cover the day to day cost with regular Maroon and Gold Club or alumni donations or the 56 club.    Unfortunatly summer staff would lose out getting paid and it might really hurt the part time drum line instructors and substitute school music teachers who needed the extra summer check to make ends meet.   It will take a hit on the newer corps who don't have strong Alumni networks and depend on tuition, however that is why DCI has been putting out Guidelines highly encouraging them to find a lot of non tuition or non seasonal performance revenue.

Housing is the number one issue. 

57 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yep.  And what if confirmed cases peaks by April 15 and by May 1st everyone is back to work?

That would be great, but I don't see this happening.  DC is trying to make the upcoming tsunami as small as possible with all the shut downs and sheltering.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

If you think we will hit the peak by then you better call Fauci and offer your insider knowledge because I’ve yet to see any medical professional go there 

70 days.  

First reports on Dec 31 to March 12 when Chinese officials reported "no new cases".  EDIT: Remember, this is NOT to the peak; this is to "no new cases".

That would mean from the January 19th first report in the US, 70 days is 10 weeks, or March 29th.

And I contend that case reports will peak earlier in the US, for lots of reasons.

Do you think Dr. Fauci is under the assumption that our report-to-peak cycle will be different? 

Edited by garfield

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

70 days.  

First reports on Dec 31 to March 12 when Chinese officials reported "no new cases".

That would mean from the January 19th first report in the US, 70 days is 10 weeks, or March 29th.

And I contend that case reports will peak earlier in the US, for lots of reasons.

Do you think Dr. Fauci is under the assumption that our report-to-peak cycle will be different? 

If report to peak cycle is longer that means people were flattening out the curve here. Which of course is what we want to take a load off of health care

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If report to peak cycle is longer that means people were flattening out the curve here. Which of course is what we want to take a load off of health care

Yep, I've already counted that in.

1 hour ago, hostrauser said:

<snip>

This is a GLOBAL pandemic that is accelerating rapidly and we are only at the very, very, very beginning of it.

The near future is already determined, regardless of those who refuse to acknowledge it.

Actually, we're at about day-81.  I believe we're much closer to the end of it than we are the beginning of it.

Isn't there some line in T-2 that the future is what we make it?  There is no fate?  I think Linda Hamilton taught her kid that or something.