Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 hour ago, bluehull said:

Maybe give things a bit more time .  The Olympics are considerably more interacted, complicated, and financially involved .  Yes, safety and well being are the prime consideration in this activity, and that should and will be addressed. Those in charge of calling the shots on the upcoming season are certainly aware ,  and watching and gathering all information safety wise, and logistically.  Lets hold the shouts from the gallery for the moment.

We will be lucky if things are back to normal by June...JUNE !!! Cancel the season and be done with it. Prolonging the inevitable  is stupid and bad for drum corps. Someone needs to have the grapes to say enough already. Olympics will be canceled because no countries are going to put people at risk. Drum corps should do the same. Try and get housing for July now just try.

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yep, I've already counted that in.

Ok was confused by “do you think... report to peak cycle will be different”

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

If you think we will hit the peak by then you better call Fauci and offer your insider knowledge because I’ve yet to see any medical professional go there 

They are taking June.Maybe.

15 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

We will be lucky if things are back to normal by June...JUNE !!! Cancel the season and be done with it. Prolonging the inevitable  is stupid and bad for drum corps. Someone needs to have the grapes to say enough already. Olympics will be canceled because no countries are going to put people at risk. Drum corps should do the same. Try and get housing for July now just try.

June is even late, Jon.  Cases are expected to peak in the US in early April and, if China is any guide, it will be a week or so after that before we report no new cases.  

So, mid-April, or even late April to see new cases stop.  Another month after that, the feasibility of some sort of drum corps season could start is very real.

Logistics are surely the problem, as you and others have state.  Getting housing TODAY might be tough, but maybe not so tough after the peak and the light at the end of the tunnel is upon us.

Edited by garfield

I'm so glad we have a competent Governor. If only every other state in the US could have someone like Andy Beshear. Kentucky is well ahead of this thing currently and will only continue to stay ahead. Life is pretty normal here even during this epidemic. Only things different are no dine in at restaurants, no church services, and bingo halls are closed until further notice. I hope every state can find them an Andy Beshear, but until then I'll keep the other states in my thoughts and prayers.

It's very easy to speak cavalierly about cancelling the season when one doesn't run a drum corps, isn't faced with little to no revenue to pay bills, and is looking at bankruptcy and closure.

ANY performance revenue that drum corp can muster in 2020 is absolutely critical, and could very well postpone or eliminate the end to some drum corps.  With that, isn't it better to wait until the very last end before calling it, and only then after a contingent performance tour of some sort can be arranged?

Edited by garfield
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

June is even late, John.  Cases are expected to peak in the US in early April and, if China is any guide, it will be a week or so after that before we report no new cases.  

So, mid-April, or even late April to see new cases stop.  Another month after that, the feasibility of some sort of drum corps season could start is very real.

Logistics are surely the problem, as you and others have state.  Getting housing TODAY might be tough, but maybe not so tough after the peak and the light at the end of the tunnel is upon us.

The news  from ny/nj area is not good. Everything is closed. You can't get a Doctor on the phone they are all closed. If you need help it's the hospital with a line around the block. No one here has predicted any good new for April. They speak of June or July and maybe august. So no idea where you get your info from. Things are grim and getting worse not better here on the east coast. My doctors say we are luck if things start getting back to normal by July. There will be no drum corps this summer.

• Sad 1

Just now, jonwoody said:

The news  from ny/nj area is not good. Everything is closed. You can't get a Doctor on the phone they are all closed. If you need help it's the hospital with a line around the block. No one here has predicted any good new for April. They speak of June or July and maybe august. So no idea where you get your info from. Things are grim and getting worse not better here on the east coast. My doctors say we are luck if things start getting back to normal by July. There will be no drum corps this summer.

You're probably right.

(P.S. another reason I LOVE Ohio!) 

((BTW, we're essentially shut down here, too.))

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm so glad we have a competent Governor. If only every other state in the US could have someone like Andy Beshear. Kentucky is well ahead of this thing currently and will only continue to stay ahead. Life is pretty normal here even during this epidemic. Only things different are no dine in at restaurants, no church services, and bingo halls are closed until further notice. I hope every state can find them an Andy Beshear, but until then I'll keep the other states in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear that but Kentucky is not New york or New Jersey, the population far exceeds the state population. With people coming in from all over the world it's grim right now.

Just now, jonwoody said:

Glad to hear that but Kentucky is not New york or New Jersey, the population far exceeds the state population. With people coming in from all over the world it's grim right now.

Ohio and Kentucky are GREAT places to live.

Are people coming in from all over the world now?  And would you clarify the bold sentence above?  The population exceeds the population?