Mr. Acheson--it's time.

9 hours ago, garfield said:

70 days.  

First reports on Dec 31 to March 12 when Chinese officials reported "no new cases".  EDIT: Remember, this is NOT to the peak; this is to "no new cases".

That would mean from the January 19th first report in the US, 70 days is 10 weeks, or March 29th.

And I contend that case reports will peak earlier in the US, for lots of reasons.

Do you think Dr. Fauci is under the assumption that our report-to-peak cycle will be different? 

he hasn't committed to anything. thats the point. as a country we are so unprepared they have no idea what to expect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, garfield said:

June is even late, Jon.  Cases are expected to peak in the US in early April and, if China is any guide, it will be a week or so after that before we report no new cases.  

So, mid-April, or even late April to see new cases stop.  Another month after that, the feasibility of some sort of drum corps season could start is very real.

Logistics are surely the problem, as you and others have state.  Getting housing TODAY might be tough, but maybe not so tough after the peak and the light at the end of the tunnel is upon us.

but you ignore housing.

what schools are going to want to open their doors to outside groups? and those that do will charge thru the nose. you'll also see insurance costs go up for the corps, and the cost of keeping even more medical supplies and staf on hand at all times will go up. 10-1 gas spikes back up then too.

it'll suck to be cancelled, but hell, they are pushing to push the Olympics back a year

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm so glad we have a competent Governor. If only every other state in the US could have someone like Andy Beshear. Kentucky is well ahead of this thing currently and will only continue to stay ahead. Life is pretty normal here even during this epidemic. Only things different are no dine in at restaurants, no church services, and bingo halls are closed until further notice. I hope every state can find them an Andy Beshear, but until then I'll keep the other states in my thoughts and prayers.

except soon he'll be short of the needed supplies like everywhere else.

8 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. DCI executive leadership has done such a bang up job eliminating sexual predators and enacting strong enforceable policies. They’ll be equally awesome and leadery in cancelling the season. 

from what i hear, some think so it now. others holding out hope. so basically they are Congress

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

so the IOC just said they would decide in four weeks...

DCI let's consider this matter in a month!

a month may be too late for some financial decisions corps have to put in motion

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

uh - schools host events/things all summer, including summer school, community sports, youth leagues, part time office staffs, and yes, even drum corps...

school more and more host things tied to their district and less and less things to outsiders. housing has already been a growing issue before this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garfield said:

(emphasis mine)

I don't think many people realize that this is true.  

i get it. but there's obstacles others refuse to acknowledge

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boxingfred said:

If we can wait until the rain stops in Allentown, We can weather this storm.

tuesday afternoon according to the current forecast

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Not having a 2020 tour could be a fatal blow to the activity?  Really?  So. Huh. How can I say this delicately. So, a possibility to rebuild this thing from the ground floor?  A possibility to revisit the use of the bells, whistles and toys employed today?  Hmmmm....

hardly the financial issues hurting the activity today.

50 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

except soon he'll be short of the needed supplies like everywhere else.

I doubt it since we only have just below 100 cases and everyones not going bat caca crazy since our governor is placing a sense of calm collect over us every day at 5 p.m. unlike other states who's leaders seem incompetent during their press conference they've streamed online.