Mr. Acheson--it's time.

18 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

If the schools start turning down corps to stay in their schools while on tour, where will they sleep and practice? 

Lease some sleeper buses and stay at KOA's.  Get permission from town/cities to practice on their closed schools parking lots. 

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'll probably get scorched for this but they cancelled the freakin Olympics.  DCI is looking silly to act as if they’re going to have a season.  

Seems almost inevitable to me. And since I can’t work (as a dentist) or close on our house until this calms down, we’re stuck in limbo. Everything’s cancelled, LOL. (It’s either laugh or cry.) So now it looks like we might have to go with the nuclear in-law option. Pray for us. 🙂 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Seems almost inevitable to me. And since I can’t work (as a dentist) or close on our house until this calms down, we’re stuck in limbo. Everything’s cancelled, LOL. (It’s either laugh or cry.) So now it looks like we might have to go with the nuclear in-law option. Pray for us. 🙂 

I will.  🙏  In time, this will all be behind you and your family.  A bump in the road.  🤗

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

Not to the corps, unless every designer and instructor agrees to forego whatever they're due for the summer and the members agree to pay the same money for a 3 or 4 week season that they would for a full summer tour, which most probably won't. Going from 30 shows to 12 or 13 shows is a $50k+ hit to the corps in performance fees alone, 

A 5 week competition season would be a stretch, financially, and designers and staffs would have to agree to reduced fees even then. 

of course the fees and salaries would need to shrink for a shorter season - and perhaps a $5 fee added to each show ticket that goes directly to the member corps

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

One possible solution.  Others may show up in a week or so.        https://video.foxnews.com/v/6144015101001#sp=show-clips

Maybe somebody can develop and ACE2 inhibitor? (Analogous to drugs like Lisinopril but targeting its buddy enzyme instead.) This seems to indicate they’re looking along those lines. But, like everything else, it’s going to take time...

https://www.drugtargetreview.com/news/56895/scientists-demonstrate-how-covid-19-infects-human-cells/

We have entered uncharted territory.  It's looking like things out of DCIs control will force a season cancellation.  Travel bans, family financial resources going towards day to day operations, schools closing until next August, continued social distancing rules as well as all out quarantines.

The real question now is, what corps can survive closing doors until next November?  Will DCI be substantially changed by loosing the 2020 summer?  Will former powerhouse corps with multi million dollar budgets be the first to fall?  Will the multi million dollar bingo corps crumble if the economy crumbles and/or stay at home rules stay in place for months?

I fully expect our friends at WGI to come back very strong in 2021, and I fully expect DCI to be something very different in 2021.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, year1buick said:

Maybe somebody can develop and ACE2 inhibitor? (Analogous to drugs like Lisinopril but targeting its buddy enzyme instead.) This seems to indicate they’re looking along those lines. But, like everything else, it’s going to take time...

https://www.drugtargetreview.com/news/56895/scientists-demonstrate-how-covid-19-infects-human-cells/

If you go into online medical literature, there are all kinds of things being worked on as I type.  Even found a partial RNA sequence.  And it looks like all involves, including academia and industry, are posting on open sources so as to get the info out quickly (albeit with lack of peer review, but the posting & subsequent use itself becomes a de-facto peer review).

It is good to get industry in from the ground floor.  It is one thing to have a lab w/ a bunch of PhDs doing a synthesis, it is quite another to get it into mass production w/ appropriate quality control.  Getting Big Pharma on-board from the get-go Van help streamline production of new treatments

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

Not sure if this was brought up.....Schools may decide to keep their buildings shut down over summer to clean and sanitize. Also, This may go on into May and , I hope not, June. If it does happen how can corps spend money on a shorter season with less rehearsal time? I realize no one wants to shut down but I think DCI and DCA will have to make a decision soon. I'm a teacher and we probably won't see students in the classroom till August when the new school year begins.

If the schools start turning down corps to stay in their schools while on tour, where will they sleep and practice? 

at least 2 states have closed schools for the remainder of the school year

53 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Lease some sleeper buses and stay at KOA's.  Get permission from town/cities to practice on their closed schools parking lots. 

you're presuming KOA's stay open

49 minutes ago, year1buick said:

i know we talked offline, but here to help anyway i can

• Like 1