Mr. Acheson--it's time.

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yes, I fully agree.  I was talking about DCI refunding ticket purchases.

I'd think corps prorating by the day all of the costs so far (bus leases lost, food restocking charges, cancellation charges for travel and hotels, staff costs, camps so far...)  refund from the day DCI makes the announcement.

Then, make a drastic effort to retain those payments as charitable donations to the corps.  It's going to take phone calls from every board member, and it's going to take MM's appeals to their parents, and it's going to take recognition that, despite this being a "wealthy kid's hobby", many families won't be able to contribute because they need the money more than the corps does.

DCI has already said they will refund tickets for championships.  Ticketmaster refunds for cancelled events for the other tickets purchased through them.   A friend already spoke to a guy at DCI. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I would rather kiss Rita Wilson on the mouth than stay with my in-laws.  Heck, I’d rather kiss Tom Hanks on the mouth than stay with my in-laws.

Right there with ya. It’s not that I don’t like them or they’re bad people. Just crazy.

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

DCI has already said they will refund tickets for championships.  Ticketmaster refunds for cancelled.  A friend already spoke to a guy at DCI. 

I will absolutely :doh: if Friends are refunded.  I have 10 sets of 3-nights.

"TICKETS HERE!  GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!"

Just now, garfield said:

I will absolutely :doh: if Friends are refunded.  I have 10 sets of 3-nights.

"TICKETS HERE!  GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!"

Our friend, Jim Wagner, who purchases our tickets, spoke to someone named Brian who works for DCI.  He wasn’t working from the office for obvious reasons.  He spoke to him at home.  That’s the information that was given to him.  
Now, we’ll see if I get my $250 deposit returned that we paid Holiday Inn Express in Indianapolis.  

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

DCI has already said they will refund tickets for championships.  Ticketmaster refunds for cancelled.  A friend already spoke to a guy at DCI. 

Hey, this probably means that, because I got no return for my contribution, I'll be able to take a full deduction for the Friends membership for the first time in 35 or more years.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Lease some sleeper buses and stay at KOA's.  Get permission from town/cities to practice on their closed schools parking lots. 

My father and stepmother annually drive their RV down to Florida in January and spend a month in some state parks there.

They just heard from friends that the parks are kicking out campers due to COVID19.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

My father and stepmother annually drive their RV down to Florida in January and spend a month in some state parks there.

They just heard from friends that the parks are kicking out campers due to COVID19.

Yep.  They closed the state parks.  

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

In your best sniveling voices everybody say it together - “but it’s not my jooooobbbb”. 
Here’s what a leader does sometimes - even if they don’t know if they have the authority, they act, and most times, people line up behind them and follow. Dan should have already contacted the directors (perhaps he has), with this message - I’m going to pull the plug on the season. Assuming most go along, he does it. Maybe that will happen today. Or very soon. 

As garfield says, if Acheson cancelled the season on his own, without board approval, they'd probably fire him.

And then a week later they'd vote to cancel the season anyway.

But if they're dithering (and I don't know that they are), then Acheson should just do it. Go out with your principles intact.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

As garfield says, if Acheson cancelled the season on his own, without board approval, they'd probably fire him.

And then a week later they'd vote to cancel the season anyway.

But if they're dithering (and I don't know that they are), then Acheson should just do it. Go out with your principles intact.

Have a gotomeeting and pull the plug.   I’m just 🙄 at this point. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Have a gotomeeting and pull the plug.   I’m just 🙄 at this point. 

Me too.

• Like 1