Mr. Acheson--it's time.

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

On the upside, I guess, we're living through a memorable period of history. Future economics textbooks will include figures (full chart here) like this, and we can tell our grandkids how it was back in the wild COVID times:

ETvZvnYXQAI1bJ5?format=png&name=small

Once this passes, the jobs numbers ought to recover a lot faster than after the last recession. But for now: yikes!

Recall the Chinese curse (Irony noted) 'May you live in interesting times'

• Like 2

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I see Florida's governor just announced that visitors from New York and New Jersey must self-quarantine for two weeks.

That's rather like the travel policies in China described by JustEnjoyIt above, and possibly the right call.

Although the virus is probably well established in Florida's population at this point.

Forcing people from New York and New Jersey to self quarantine is probably against interstate travel laws, but it would be a long time before it could be challenged in court. We also can’t forget the great job he did with the Spring Breakers not too long ago.   

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That said, has anyone else started to see comments suggesting that it's not worthwhile to take these extraordinary measures that hurt our economy just to save the lives of a few million older people?

Honestly - No. I have not read any such comments.   I have a 25 year old daughter putting her own personal health at risk for the sake of a few “older people”.  

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

When the "Cadets 2020" thread gets bumped to the second page of DCI World Class Corps Discussions, Mr. Acheson, it's time.

Edited by ykw
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Honestly - No. I have not read any such comments.   I have a 25 year old daughter putting her own personal health at risk for the sake of a few “older people”.  

God Bless her.  She’s doing noble work.

But, they do walk amongst us.  I’ve seen Boomer Remover a few times on social media.

• Like 3

Ooops, I thought this was maybe a thread talking about requiring all DCI corps to consistently enforce the same set of safety rules, along with hiring and firing practices for "faculty".  

The same part of me that uses reason as a basis for thinking assumed the season would have already been canceled.  Silly me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was honestly watching a puppy show.  There were corgi puppies.  SO adorable. 

I have two shelties. 

• Like 1