Mr. Acheson--it's time.

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have a friend who has a regular labradoodle.  The sweetest dog named Ellie. She is so smart. 

Have retired friend taking care of her sisters labradoodle. Friend never had dogs and this slightly year old pup is 90+ pounds. Thanks goodness it has the lab mellow attitude. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That said, has anyone else started to see comments suggesting that it's not worthwhile to take these extraordinary measures that hurt our economy just to save the lives of a few million older people?

No, I haven’t.  

Speaking for myself, though, I would rather assume some risk to my own life than to extend measures for so long and/or to such an extent as to have such a cataclysmic impact on the economy as to decimate the health, welfare, happiness, and very lives of younger generations and society at large. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Friend never had dogs and this slightly year old pup is 90+ pounds.  

As Roy Scheider said in Jaws.  You're gonna need a bigger bag.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

God Bless her.  She’s doing noble work.

But, they do walk amongst us.  I’ve seen Boomer Remover a few times on social media.

yup. i've also seen "boomers" make societal cleansing comments about spring breakers.

stupidity knows no age range or political ideology

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Ooops, I thought this was maybe a thread talking about requiring all DCI corps to consistently enforce the same set of safety rules, along with hiring and firing practices for "faculty".  

The same part of me that uses reason as a basis for thinking assumed the season would have already been canceled.  Silly me. 

yup

As have I. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Speaking for myself, though, I would rather assume some risk to my own life than to extend measures for so long and/or to such an extent as to have such a cataclysmic impact on the economy as to decimate the health, welfare, happiness, and very lives of younger generations and society at large. 

"An hour ago, these guys were like 'We're not lost; we just need to figure out how to get back to the trail.'

Now they're trying to figure out which member of the party they're gonna eat."

(Until just now, I had no idea there was a video for that song.)