Mr. Acheson--it's time.

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

This is the most grotesque mischaracterization I have ever seen.

It's what he does.  Yesterday he turned my sincere hope for the survival of humanity and willingness to personally sacrifice to help ensure that hope and twisted it into an endorsement of taking old people off their respirators.  

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s on drumcorps Reddit. 

While true, it's still "non-public" info.  

If I overheard two executives at a restaurant and one of them said they were going to get a huge contract, even though I was not part of the convo, it's still considered non-public and, if I trade on the info or get any of my clients to trade on the info, I'm guilty.

I don't make the rules on DCP, though

Once the announcement happens, I look forward to a new thread where we discuss what DCI and corps should do during this (presumed) off-year to prep for 2021.

Discussions of COVID19 probably would be off-topic in such a thread, and maybe this contentious one might be shut down, if that's what people want.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i just avoid those conversations with no medical degrees on here giving us medical prognistications. the only prediction on here i trust is whoever scores highest on finals night wins

But we have so many people with medical degrees on here... year1buick and.... ahhhh.... lemme think.... ahhhh....

Being an IT dweeb just watching the numbers knowing they will go up and try to figure out when the #### to go to grocery and pharmacy with least amount of people freaking out there. Easy to tell who is freaking, they’re the ones who don’t social distance because in panic mode

Edited by JimF-LowBari

14 minutes ago, garfield said:

While true, it's still "non-public" info.  

If I overheard two executives at a restaurant and one of them said they were going to get a huge contract, even though I was not part of the convo, it's still considered non-public and, if I trade on the info or get any of my clients to trade on the info, I'm guilty.

I don't make the rules on DCP, though

Just passing along information.   

43 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I didn't make it up. The number of COVID19 deaths in the U.S. this month has grown by an average by 33% per day. All I did was point out that at that rate, total deaths would surpass the annual number of U.S. auto fatalities in short order. That's explaining the potential risk if too little is done.

The question remains: are we doing enough yet to prevent that number from happening?

- - - - - - - - - -

And as for the argument that I'm scaremongering, well, only time will tell whether my warnings were better or worse than those promoting complacency.

I mean, to judge by this chart (source), I'm not sure this is the time for states to relax the policies they've put in place over the past two weeks:

ET4lQSOXgAAxG-T?format=jpg&name=large

We will reach that point. And we should plan for it. But if Italy's curve is only just now beginning to bend, and ours is currently much steeper than theirs (and yes, some portion of that is due to increased testing), we're some ways off from being able to loosen our social distancing restrictions.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I mean, to judge by this chart (source), I'm not sure this is the time for states to relax the policies they've put in place over the past two weeks:

ET4lQSOXgAAxG-T?format=jpg&name=large

We will reach that point. And we should plan for it. But if Italy's curve is only just now beginning to bend, and ours is currently much steeper than theirs (and yes, some portion of that is due to increased testing), we're some ways off from being able to loosen our social distancing restrictions.

What states are relaxing?  I’ll wait. Talking about figuring out under what conditions restrictions could be relaxed does not equal states are relaxing. 

Edited by HockeyDad