Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I mean, to judge by this chart (source), I'm not sure this is the time for states to relax the policies they've put in place over the past two weeks:

ET4lQSOXgAAxG-T?format=jpg&name=large

We will reach that point. And we should plan for it. But if Italy's curve is only just now beginning to bend, and ours is currently much steeper than theirs (and yes, some portion of that is due to increased testing), we're some ways off from being able to loosen our social distancing restrictions.

More fake news.

1.  No one is saying that today is the day to relax our social distancing.

2.  But someone did "forget" to include China on that graph.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Corps survived prior to DCI and IMO will survive post DCI. 

As long as they look past the big time tour model as the one and only thing to be I agree

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

As long as they look past the big time tour model as the one and only thing to be I agree

Travel team ain't going to go back to intramural play.. Without the national tour, it's nothing but summer local marching band, and very few of the best performers are going to bother with it. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I mean, to judge by this chart (source), I'm not sure this is the time for states to relax the policies they've put in place over the past two weeks:

ET4lQSOXgAAxG-T?format=jpg&name=large

We will reach that point. And we should plan for it. But if Italy's curve is only just now beginning to bend, and ours is currently much steeper than theirs (and yes, some portion of that is due to increased testing), we're some ways off from being able to loosen our social distancing restrictions.

And, let me be the one to say that Great! We're at this number a full six days SOONER than Italy got to this number.  That's GREAT news!  We'll be done with it that much sooner!

And, yes, I'm looking at the economics.  The CDC would just as soon drag this out as long as possible so they can get as many test cases as possible through the health system in order that they may get enough data and samples in order to fabricate an antivirus.

Economically, it's MUCH better to pull off the bandaid and NOT #flattenthecurve (bwahahahaha!).

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:Yep! tour model needs restructuring. 

Scaling back wouldn’t be such a bad idea.  The public may be a little paranoid about communal situations for a while. Just thinking out loud.  The little voices in my head are getting pretty interesting after a week of social distancing. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Slingerland said:

Travel team ain't going to go back to intramural play.. Without the national tour, it's nothing but summer local marching band, and very few of the best performers are going to bother with it. 

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!

Just now, Poppycock said:

Yep! tour model needs restructuring. 

Big question for me will be economy and how that affects ticket sales. Also if this will really tighten up housing and show sites. And will ticket prices go up which will affect number of tickets sold. Know some senior corps and shows that folded during hard times in the 80s so always on my mind. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Scaling back wouldn’t be such a bad idea.  The public may be a little paranoid about communal situations for a while. Just thinking out loud.  The little voices in my head are getting pretty interesting after a week of social distancing. 

Whiskey.  You need to get all those people in your head smashingly drunk and then, one by one, roll them out to the street.

• Haha 1