Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

yes - announcement coming Thursday, many corps have been pressuring & several are having full corps online meetings tomorrow night to tell their members prior to the news

Yep, those in the FB Parents Group where my son is contracted for 2020 are anxiously waiting; keep in mind some of the parents are totally new to the activity. I texted my kid yesterday and we are in agreement where this season is headed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

Everyone calm down.  This is going to be decided by the voting membership.  Those directors are spending hours and hours per day on this.  Let's not try to be the first one to be right on this topic.  Better to be judicious and protect the performers from the fallout of what might be inevitable.  We (adults) need to behave as adults and support long term goals.  Let the directors and DCI steer this responsibly.

I'm pretty sure that in the history of calming down, few if any (adults) have ever calmed down... after being told to calm down.  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

Everyone calm down.  This is going to be decided by the voting membership.  Those directors are spending hours and hours per day on this.  Let's not try to be the first one to be right on this topic.  Better to be judicious and protect the performers from the fallout of what might be inevitable.  We (adults) need to behave as adults and support long term goals.  Let the directors and DCI steer this responsibly.

Who’s running around like children with their hair on fire? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I can’t believe anyone believes China’s data 

What makes you think I believe their data? I believe their data about as much as I believe our data. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

Please, Alumni, Members, Parents, Staff, & Volunteers, should DCI make the call people are discussion, please take care of each other.  I can tell you from personal experience that my member is already feeling devastated by the potential news.  This is an activity that for so many is like an extended family.  It is an activity that provides so much more than just 'something to do over the summer' and means so much more than just a score.  While we may banter over which corps is better, what judge made an error, & what show design nailed it, we are all part of this incredible family and it is imperative we are there for these each other.  It's a hurt I can't take away...and it sucks.

Agreed. My son is a senior in HS and a rookie. He’s from a drum corps loving family and has been waiting years to have his turn. He finally made a World Class corps and had been having the time of his life learning this new “band” life. Now his prom is gone, graduation is in danger (likely will cancel), and very possibly his summer tour. Along with a year of eligibility. 2020 was to be their year. 
 The class of 2020 was born around 9-11 and is graduating in a worldwide pandemic. These kids are hurting to not have these last’s and firsts. My heart hurts so bad for my son 💔

• Like 2