Mr. Acheson--it's time.

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

school more and more host things tied to their district and less and less things to outsiders. housing has already been a growing issue before this.

I’m pretty sure that we all know that. I was simply making the point that school facilities aren’t unused during summer in most cases. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Someone posted earlier when talking about The Cadets,that DCI corps can't

withdraw from the 2020 season unless DCI allows it.

I don't know if that's true.

If it is,then DCi needs to step up to the plate,now.

Well - isn’t THAT an interesting tidbit of information. So, you’re saying the ball really IS in Acheson’s court?  

Right on cue for being topical for us - looks like Canada and Australia are pulling the plug on the summer olympics. Hi, Tokyo. You can have them but if you do we’re not coming. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Someone posted earlier when talking about The Cadets,that DCI corps can't

withdraw from the 2020 season unless DCI allows it.

I don't know if that's true.

If it is,then DCi needs to step up to the plate,now.

What could DCI do if corps decide not to field due to safety issues. Guessing not allow them to compete in DCI sanctioned shows. Wouldn’t that be a PR nightmare. DCI would be accused of putting itself above corps members safety.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What could DCI do if corps decide not to field due to safety issues. Guessing not allow them to compete in DCI sanctioned shows. Wouldn’t that be a PR nightmare. DCI would be accused of putting itself above corps members safety.

Here’s what will happen - either Acheson cancels the season or there will be that first corps that pulls out of the season and the others will quickly follow suit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JustEnjoyIt said:

When this virus entered Shanghai, it entered as one single case originally. When it entered NYC, it entered as one single case. It doesn't matter where those cases came from, but those numbers show something is not being done quite right.  

I question these statements.  How can anyone prove that one person in each city is responsible.  There has to have been others who came in with the virus, but it didn't surface for a week or two after the first official case.

• Like 1

Tour doesn't pay for itself. It's a money loser. Everyone has to raise money to survive, and those venues for raising funds are already being hit hard.  Bingo halls are closed, people are losing jobs at a startling rate, stock market is in the dumps.  So cancelling the tour won't kill many corps, maybe fewer than if they all tried to take one for the team and kept hope alive until the last minute and couldn't cancel contracts for food service, bus, housing, etc.

Edited by troopers1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I question these statements.  How can anyone prove that one person in each city is responsible.  There has to have been others who came in with the virus, but it didn't surface for a week or two after the first official case.

Have been following this in Guam as was there a few times. First cases they are aware of were two people who came from the Philippines on same plane. No indication if a couple or not and no word on source of other cases. So could be multiple cases in same place from overseas. 
Also kills idea of warm weather getting rid of the virus as Philippines never cold

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Regardless of how you feel about those statements, when it originally started, it started with one case jumping species. Everything came from that in the end. 

Edited by JustEnjoyIt

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, “DCI is the corps” so, each corps could and I guess should individually pull the plug on their season. They could do it today. Apparently this is another one of those decisions that isn’t Acheson’s job. /s

You are exactly 100% correct.  Except that the announcement will likely come in a single message, with common messaging, from the DCI office (Dan A).