Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

I don't know if this has been posted.

Yesterday Steve Mnuchin said the "lock down" was likely to last 

"10-12 weeks,or early June".

That's just the lock down.

Then each state has to lift their own restrictions.

Which,as I've I posted,will most likely be done incrementally.

Then the shuttered businesses that survive,can start to reopen.

As has also been posted,the Olympics will either be postponed,at least a

year,or a number of athletes or countries will boycott.

#DCI,what are you waiting for ?

Hashtag?  You're reducing the decision of monumental importance to the activity to a hashtag?

Bwaaahhhhaaaaaaa!

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Someone posted earlier when talking about The Cadets,that DCI corps can't

withdraw from the 2020 season unless DCI allows it.

I don't know if that's true.

If it is,then DCi needs to step up to the plate,now.

Without equivocation, false.

46 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Here’s what will happen - either Acheson cancels the season or there will be that first corps that pulls out of the season and the others will quickly follow suit. 

You just don't want to accept that Dan neither has nor wants that kind of power.

No, Dan's bosses, the BoD of DCI will make their decision for their corps, then they will agree on the decision of the season, and Dan will confer that there is not tour if there are not corps to participate, and the joint announcement will follow.

Jeesh, you really hate Dan, don't you?!

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Well - isn’t THAT an interesting tidbit of information. So, you’re saying the ball really IS in Acheson’s court?  

Don't get all excited (I used to a a-twitter, but that actually means something these days.)

This rumor is false and, I suspect, created simply and specifically to get you, alone, to respond with another dirt clod heaved at Dan A.

EDIT: And, right on cue....  

:doh:

Edited by garfield

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

You just don't want to accept that Dan neither has nor wants that kind of power.

No, Dan's bosses, the BoD of DCI will make their decision for their corps, then they will agree on the decision of the season, and Dan will confer that there is not tour if there are not corps to participate, and the joint announcement will follow.

Jeesh, you really hate Dan, don't you?!

Hate us a pretty strong word. I find leaders who don’t lead to be irritating. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, garfield said:

You are exactly 100% correct.  Except that the announcement will likely come in a single message, with common messaging, from the DCI office (Dan A).

True statement.  Exactly what will & should happen.  Hell, at this point, I'd take valve trombones & a flat clarinet to have an abbreviated tour. :spitting:

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hate us a pretty strong word. I find leaders who don’t lead to be irritating. 

And what if you have a misperception?  Are you still irritated with him?

If I can PROVE to you that you mischaracterize his role as "leader", would you change your perception?

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

True statement.  Exactly what will & should happen.  Hell, at this point, I'd take valve trombones & a flat clarinet to have an abbreviated tour. :spitting:

So, you're saying you should not be my first phone call for a poker partner or a hostage negotiation?

:bleah:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Danny has a small following of boot licking sycophants, but he’s just a puppet.  

Yes, YES!  Tell it like you feel it, with passion!  Don't hold back!  Bravo!  BRAVO!