Mr. Acheson--it's time.

Just now, seen-it-all said:

Virginia schools closed for the rest of the school year. 

DE just went to 5/15. I expect PA's 2 week closing to be extended

Michigan is stay at home effective midnight.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Olympics postponed 

On 3/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, hostrauser said:

The chances of this are zero. Just one week ago, on March 15th, the United States had 73 total COVID-19 deaths. Today, just one week later, the death toll is now 388 (the chart below is USA numbers only and hasn't been updated yet today). We've had almost 200 deaths the past 48-72 hours. Italy reported 793 new deaths yesterday alone. Spain reported 372. That's where we will be by the end of the month.

Globally, 12% of all COVID-19 fatalities have been reported in the past 24-48 hours. This is a GLOBAL pandemic that is accelerating rapidly and we are only at the very, very, very beginning of it.

NVwCngT.png

This is not going to be over in three weeks or even three months. There will be no DCI in 2020. I 100% guarantee it. There almost certainly will not be an MLB season, either. The chances of having an NFL or NBA season next Fall/Winter are about 50/50 right now. Alea iacta est. The near future is already determined, regardless of those who refuse to acknowledge it.

USA's death toll was 388 just 24 hours ago. It's 504 right now (+116).

The global death toll was 13,696 just 24 hours ago. It's 16,313 right now (+2,617).

I stand by what I said. DCI is hopefully working with the corps to try to soften the blow as much as possible, but there is no way we have a season this summer.

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Michigan is stay at home effective midnight.

Wisconsin will announce shelter-in-place tomorrow. Minnesota will announce today or tomorrow.

Not sure if this was brought up.....Schools may decide to keep their buildings shut down over summer to clean and sanitize. Also, This may go on into May and , I hope not, June. If it does happen how can corps spend money on a shorter season with less rehearsal time? I realize no one wants to shut down but I think DCI and DCA will have to make a decision soon. I'm a teacher and we probably won't see students in the classroom till August when the new school year begins.

If the schools start turning down corps to stay in their schools while on tour, where will they sleep and practice? 

• Like 2