Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

at least 2 states have closed schools for the remainder of the school year

IDK if you include Virginia in this list, but they closed for year abt 2 hrs ago.

And for the first time in 17 years there had been a competition scheduled only an hour away.  Grunt.  

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

IDK if you include Virginia in this list, but they closed for year abt 2 hrs ago.

And for the first time in 17 years there had been a competition scheduled only an hour away.  Grunt.  

yup. they and Kansas are the only ones i know of. i expect PA to extend past this week anytime

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

Seems almost inevitable to me. And since I can’t work (as a dentist) or close on our house until this calms down, we’re stuck in limbo. Everything’s cancelled, LOL. (It’s either laugh or cry.) So now it looks like we might have to go with the nuclear in-law option. Pray for us. 🙂 

Imagine the pent up demand that will be unleashed when this dam thing is over. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Imagine the pent up demand that will be unleashed when this dam thing is over. 

No kidding. It’s really making me appreciate what we have/had. (Of course, the followup question is, how long after everything opens back up before my kids tell me they’re bored and there’s nothing to do.)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 5:51 AM, garfield said:

Refunds?  Pfft, forget it.  Force majeur. 

I can guarantee you that corps will be refunding tuition money if the season is cancelled.  Any that do not - or even attempt to not - would be pummelled by the masses with torches and pitchforks, and would never be able to field a corps again.  People would never forget.  It goes against everything that these organizations stand for.  

I am sure they will all come up with a pro-rated formula for just how much is refunded, but I cannot comprehend any BOD being stupid enough to try and say "Oh well, you just lost that money - get over it."   If they do, they deserve to fail. 

2 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

I can guarantee you that corps will be refunding tuition money if the season is cancelled.  Any that do not - or even attempt to not - would be pummelled by the masses with torches and pitchforks, and would never be able to field a corps again.  People would never forget.  It goes against everything that these organizations stand for.  

I am sure they will all come up with a pro-rated formula for just how much is refunded, but I cannot comprehend any BOD being stupid enough to try and say "Oh well, you just lost that money - get over it."   If they do, they deserve to fail. 

for anything paid for camps already held, the corps should keep that. anything else, refund

37 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i know we talked offline, but here to help anyway i can

(...if you need a mortgage)

I'm kidding!  Come on, that was funny.

(But seriously, decent offer.  Would have been better if you'd offered your house and car, but nice offer anyway.  :tounge2:)

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

So now it looks like we might have to go with the nuclear in-law option.

I would rather kiss Rita Wilson on the mouth than stay with my in-laws.  Heck, I’d rather kiss Tom Hanks on the mouth than stay with my in-laws.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

Yes, I fully agree.  I was talking about DCI refunding ticket purchases.

I'd think corps prorating by the day all of the costs so far (bus leases lost, food restocking charges, cancellation charges for travel and hotels, staff costs, camps so far...)  refund from the day DCI makes the announcement.

Then, make a drastic effort to retain those payments as charitable donations to the corps.  It's going to take phone calls from every board member, and it's going to take MM's appeals to their parents, and it's going to take recognition that, despite this being a "wealthy kid's hobby", many families won't be able to contribute because they need the money more than the corps does.

• Like 1