Mr. Acheson--it's time.

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Sadly some of the “medical experts” need to chill also, bickering like politicians 

A couple days ago I really cut back on the amount of media information I’m digesting. I figure - I get the idea. I’m isolated. I’m already taking the recommended actions. I don’t need to watch some smiling airhead give me the daily body count, nor the political and as you mention, medical arguing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

🤞

Edited by 27/soa

23 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

A couple days ago I really cut back on the amount of media information I’m digesting. I figure - I get the idea. I’m isolated. I’m already taking the recommended actions. I don’t need to watch some smiling airhead give me the daily body count, nor the political and as you mention, medical arguing. 

And repeat, repeat, repeat....

I’m still fuzzy as to why some of you think corps will fold due to cancelling the season. Maybe that’s a new thread but can you help me understand?  My mindset is that we are pushing a big Pause button on the activity and so absent any recurring payments a corps would need to make (for example - monthly mortgage or other payments), things don’t much change financially. But I haven’t given it much thought. 

7 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m still fuzzy as to why some of you think corps will fold due to cancelling the season. Maybe that’s a new thread but can you help me understand?  My mindset is that we are pushing a big Pause button on the activity and so absent any recurring payments a corps would need to make (for example - monthly mortgage or other payments), things don’t much change financially. But I haven’t given it much thought. 

Suspending operations is far from folding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Yup. And sadly it seems medical arguing is politically driven

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

The decision has already been made.

Yup. Wordsmithing and financial planning 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Easy.... no income and while yes expenses will be down, there’s debts to be paid. Fundraising will only go so far with the economy in a tailspin. Corps/ dci will have to refund ticket money. Some have people that gat year round salary that is contractually obligated to be paid. 

• Like 1